UKC

cotswold discount

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 steve taylor 30 Dec 2014
Hi - I'm planning on buying a fair bit of gear at cotswold camping tomorrow. What discount do they offer for BMC or CC members? Cheers
 spragglerocks 30 Dec 2014
In reply to steve taylor:

15% for BMC normally.
 EddInaBox 30 Dec 2014
In reply to spragglerocks:

But Cotswold discounts only seem to apply to full priced items, if it's on sale you won't get any further discount as far as I can tell.
In reply to EddInaBox:

Yep, 15% BMC (there are better discounts for some other clubs and organisations if you are local to a store, e.g. Llanrwst Canoe Club get 20%) but only on fully priced items.

Anything with a 'Cotswold special price' or with a sale reduction will not get any additional club discount.
 Neil Williams 30 Dec 2014
In reply to EddInaBox:

I *think* they will discount from RRP if it makes it cheaper than the sale price, though.

Neil
 Neil Williams 30 Dec 2014
In reply to Ron Rees Davies:

One of the best national discounts is for adults involved in Scouting - show your appointment card for 20% off RRP.

Neil

Only 15%? Forces get 20% at Cotswold.
 The Pylon King 30 Dec 2014
In reply to nickinscottishmountains:

> Only 15%? Forces get 20% at Cotswold.

How come?
In reply to The Pylon King:
Why are you asking me?! A lot of stores offer different levels of discount to different groups, and most do a Forces discount. Ask Cotswold!!!! ) I just enjoy the discount, I'm not going to question it!
Post edited at 20:51

Just wondered what was so special about the forces to warrant a bigger discount.

Nothing is special about the Forces, but it's Cotswold's business model, they can offer what they want to who they want. FWIW a lot of places offer reasonable discount to the Forces.
 JoshOvki 30 Dec 2014

If I remember correctly (and it might have changed since leaving Cotswolds) the Armed Forces as standard got 15%, but local bases could negotiate a better discount rate. and the AMA (army mountaineering association) got 20%

They also bring in a huge amount of trade, and are a much larger group who go through way more gear than the BMC Membership base.
In reply to JoshOvki:

Fair enough.

Guess i should join up for a week or so.
 Bulls Crack 30 Dec 2014

> How come?

I think they threaten to kill them otherwise
 Neil Williams 31 Dec 2014

Another common one is NHS.

In Scouting's case there is a partnership that involves Scouting promoting Cotswold among the members. Though personally I tend to recommend Go Outdoors to the parents, as they sell more of the mid-to-low-end kind of kit that growing kids tend to need (no point spending £300 on a waterproof if you'll grow out of it in a couple of years).

Neil
OP steve taylor 31 Dec 2014
In reply to Neil Williams:

15% achieved on normal price stuff... Not bad really.
 JJL 01 Jan 2015

Cotswold and Taunton Leisure used to do special discounts on large contract orders (e.g. expedition) - ask them

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...