UKC

Climbing Specific New Year's Resolution for 2015?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Sl@te Head 31 Dec 2014
It's that time of year so please share and inspire us all with your Climbing Specific New Year's Resolutions....

Bulls Crack 31 Dec 2014
In reply to Sl@te Head:

More trad less sport!
 HakanT 31 Dec 2014
In reply to Sl@te Head:

7a
 Jackwd 31 Dec 2014
In reply to HakanT:

Climb 7b I haven't climbed 7a yet but it's stamina not strength I need to focus on so more sport climbing and keep up the good progress bouldering!
 climbingpixie 31 Dec 2014
In reply to Sl@te Head:

Tick the various sport projects I've got - Space Race, Obsession & WYSIWYG. Find a potential 7c project. Onsight 7a (probably abroad).

Translate sport gains into trad crushage. Climb some awesome mountain and sea cliff routes. Stop fannying about and get on some E3s, I'm never going to get any better if I don't at least try them. Go away for weekends more.

Finish my siege of Demon Wall Roof. I'm averaging progress of half a move per session so it is doable for winter 2015 as long as we get some cold weather.
 Ciderslider 31 Dec 2014
In reply to Sl@te Head:
Get on Elysium on Boulder Ruckle and flash it up baby ! Get Sloth and Dream of white horses - as they slipped the net this year - oh and Congo corner and the link at stanage - and lose a stone.
and actually use my bouldering pads - not just for sleeping off hangovers on.
And hopefully get my CWA
Post edited at 15:58
 ralphio 31 Dec 2014
In reply to Sl@te Head:

Get in as much climbing as possible before the birth of iur first child in July.
 spidermonkey09 31 Dec 2014
In reply to Sl@te Head:

Get up to Cloggy, climb The Axe. I'd be happy with that even if I did very little else!
 Andy Peak 1 31 Dec 2014
In reply to Sl@te Head:

Climb more in every style, climb more in bad weather, try harder.
In reply to Sl@te Head:
I've a very simple resolution - CLIMB MORE!

If I can manage that, I know from previous years that everything else will generally fall into place. I may try and push my redpoint grade a bit harder than 1/2 a grade harder than my best onsight grade but I'll probably just start by aiming to get back to climbing 7b again for the first time in a few years.
Post edited at 20:05
 deacondeacon 31 Dec 2014
In reply to Andy Peak 1:

> , climb more in bad weather,

What like today? Not one new route you perfumed ponce.

the power 31 Dec 2014
In reply to deacondeacon:

I'm going to work less and climb more in 2015
 Caralynh 01 Jan 2015
In reply to Sl@te Head:

Get back climbing after having my daughter! Come summer she'll be nearly a year old and leavable with willing (or unwilling) grandparents! Husband is currently off playing in Scotland for a week and I can't wait to be back out and about myself
 LakesWinter 01 Jan 2015
In reply to Sl@te Head:
I'll write them all out for myself later but some of these will feature,
7a
6c flash
E4 onsight
Climb 10 winter routes of V or above
 deacondeacon 01 Jan 2015
In reply to Sl@te Head:
Boulder 7B- I've done it before, I can do it again but being week I'll defo need to do some training.
Indoor 7c- May as well aim high. Leading 6c with the odd, flukey 7a but Its the area of climbing that (in theory) I should see the biggest gains.
Onsight E5- haven't even got one in mind, but if I actually get on a few, I'm sure i'll fluke one.
headpoint a real E6- I did one a few months ago, but I'm fairly sure it wasn't E6. Also it was easy and scary, I'd like to do one that's safer but harder.

Overall I want to get some structure in my training, and stick with it. I've pretty much had two months off climbing, but I'm raring to go again. I'm going to join fitclub again too.

My main New Years resolution is to be nice to AndyPeak1 x
Post edited at 09:38
 Andy Peak 1 01 Jan 2015
In reply to deacondeacon:

You can get stuffed you nonce Im going to be as horrible as possible to you!
 Stevie989 01 Jan 2015
In reply to Sl@te Head:

I feel pretty good about how my year went - from having never climbed outside till June to Onsighting E2 by the end of the summer and climbing 6c.

I've decided this year I'm not going to cheat myself and train properly - eat properly - drink less nad take it a bit more seriously which in turn should make it a bit more fun!
In reply to Sl@te Head:

Climb some rocks.

Managed a grand total of 4 routes last year and one of them was soloing a crap Diff in the rain.
 Caralynh 01 Jan 2015
In reply to victim of mathematics:

Dear God matey, that's depressing! What happened? I managed more than that and I was pregnant for most of the year!
 Jon Stewart 01 Jan 2015
In reply to Sl@te Head:

I'm going to be really good without training at all.

New job = not enough time for my usual million laps on indoor routes Jan - April so I'll just have to go to Pembroke when the season starts and just be automatically really fit. Easy.
In reply to Caralynh:

Spent the first half of the year looking after my pregnant girlfriend and cycling up hills in training for the Fred Whitton and the second half of the year looking after my daughter and working a lot.
 Oogachooga 01 Jan 2015
In reply to Sl@te Head:

To climb in my pants dogging a 7a
 Happeuss 01 Jan 2015
In reply to Sl@te Head:

I want to lead my first E1, not sure which yet, maybe something in the pass.
 TobyA 01 Jan 2015
In reply to Happeuss:

> I want to lead my first E1, not sure which yet, maybe something in the pass.

I found Cenotaph Corner technically easier than a number of grit HVS I have fallen off this autumn, so that might be one to go for! It's a mighty fine line.
 stp 04 Jan 2015
In reply to Sl@te Head:

I had so many injuries last year my only resolution was to not get injured so much this year.

Unfortunately I only lasted 15 hours. Just as a back injury from before Xmas was nearly healed, on New Years Day I tripped and fell whilst walking up Mam Tor in horizontal rain. The result was bruised or cracked ribs which hurt considerably more after climbing yesterday. Having had these before I know they can take weeks to get better. Damn!
 Andy Farnell 04 Jan 2015
In reply to Sl@te Head: More routes of 8a and above. Oh, that and a visit to Danby crag...

Andy F

marsbar 04 Jan 2015
In reply to Sl@te Head:

Get back to climbing now my shoulder is better. Avoid further injury.
 henwardian 04 Jan 2015
In reply to Sl@te Head:

To quote directly from my Facebook feed:

"New Years resolutions:
E6 on sight.
8b on sport.
7c on sight.
8a on trad.
(ordered on a geometrically increasing level of unlikelihood)"

Might as well have High Hope

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...