UKC

New Year Again

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 mypyrex 31 Dec 2014
I'm sitting here at home having been doing a few chores today while Mrs is away. Still not formulated anything to do tonight. Anyone else likewise?
 Alan M 31 Dec 2014
In reply to mypyrex:
I'm in tonight also though I had to cancel my plans due to injury. Slipped on the stairs a couple of days ago and have done something to my back. Still hurts now!!
Post edited at 20:13
OP mypyrex 31 Dec 2014
In reply to Alan M:

Sympathy. Partner's son fell down a flight of stairs at work and finished up needing a shoulder replacement - not nice. Still in a lot of pain.

Might have a brandy later.
 Alan M 31 Dec 2014
In reply to mypyrex:

> Sympathy. Partner's son fell down a flight of stairs at work and finished up needing a shoulder replacement - not nice. Still in a lot of pain.

ouch, sounds like he had a nasty fall. For me think it was the impact and twisting motion that did the damage. Think I might have trapped a nerve also as I have had a dull ache with intermittent periods of sharper pain from the top of the pelvis right down my right leg for 2 days now.

> Might have a brandy later.

I'm just eyeing up the vodka or the rum not sure which one to go for

Chris Craggs Global Crag Moderator 31 Dec 2014
In reply to mypyrex:

We are in on New Year's Eve as ever, a quiet night, few beers and probably in bed before the year ends. Not sure what all the fuss is about!

Chris
OP mypyrex 31 Dec 2014
In reply to Alan M:

> ouch, sounds like he had a nasty fall.
Yes, it seems that the combination of broken bone fragments and a dislocation made it worse.
In reply to mypyrex:

Bit retospective now but I had the quietest NYE that I can remember. A few glasses of wine in front of the fire, games with the family, watched a bit of telly and then went to bed. Quite pleasant really. I must be getting old.
OP mypyrex 01 Jan 2015
In reply to TheDrunkenBakers:

> Bit retospective now but I had the quietest NYE that I can remember.
Ditto. Glass of brandy in front of fire, fell asleep, went to bed at eleven and no hangover

In reply to mypyrex:

> Ditto. Glass of brandy in front of fire, fell asleep, went to bed at eleven and no hangover

Indeed, no hangover here too. Up early and done my first post op run. People were looking at me as though I had two heads.
abseil 01 Jan 2015
In reply to mypyrex:

> I'm sitting here at home... Mrs is away. Still not formulated anything to do tonight. Anyone else likewise?

Exactly the same for me, at home alone - Mrs is away in another country and I was not so well from allergies, and very sleepy from allergy medicine. Skyped with Mrs before midnight then fell asleep.

Happy New Year and congratulations on your recovery from your illness, hope you're very well through 2015 and for a long time to come.
OP mypyrex 01 Jan 2015
In reply to abseil:

> Happy New Year and congratulations on your recovery from your illness, hope you're very well through 2015 and for a long time to come.

What a delightful comment - thank you. I shall raise a glass to you tonight.

marsbar 01 Jan 2015
In reply to mypyrex:

I had a quiet night in too.

Happy new year to all.
abseil 02 Jan 2015
In reply to mypyrex:

> .... I shall raise a glass to you tonight.

Ditto from me - all the best.
Abseil

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...