UKC

Eagle Ski Club

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Stone Muppet 03 Jan 2015
I'm interested in some of the tours on offer by the Eagle Ski Club but unless I pay their membership fee they don't say how much the tours and training cost!

Is anyone here a member and can you comment on cost/value of the tours they offer? e.g. how much would 2 or 5 days of instruction usually be?
In reply to Stone Muppet:

Hi,
Been a member for many years and led tours & expeditions for the Club. There is a wide range of tours available with an equally wide range of prices. Training courses are good value and certainly no more than you would pay for other professional tuition/guiding. Membership is not expensive particularly when compared to other clubs with over 1000 members like the FRCC, CC, AC, so I'd say it was worth stumping up the membership fee to follow up your interests. If you are under 35 it also gives you access to various grants for training.

Dave
craigloon 04 Jan 2015
In reply to Stone Muppet:

Costs vary depending on whether the tours are guided or not.

For the training, for example Bruce Goodlad's 2-day avalanche course in Tignes costs £220 + Accommodation + lift passes + travel.

Chamonix off-piste courses: Ski Performance for Mountaineers £190 per person (4 half days)
Day with IFMGA Mountain Guide £65 (1 day)
Introduction to ski touring £270 per person (3 days)

daftdazza 05 Jan 2015
Their tour and course are very good value for money, and much cheaper than commercial operators.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...