UKC

new to Chamonix!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 timmyh 04 Jan 2015
Hey everyone, I hope you're all good ... I'm in Chamonix with my girlfriend but she has to return to the UK sometimes.
Having solo adventures is ok, but I don't know the area so well, and it's a bit scary!!
so I'm looking for people to get out with. I snowboard, climb (I've done some ice climbing) & I love mountaineering ... and all things 'mountain-y'!
Let me know if you fancy getting out!
Thanks, tim
 HosteDenis 04 Jan 2015
In reply to timmyh:

Go to the OHM (Office du Haute Montagne), it's next to the church in downtown Chamonix.

They have all the guide books and a staff of guides present there, and they'll inform you of what routes are in good conditions and if you tell them about your current level of mountaineering they might even have some suggestions for you to do.

Also, there's a book in OHM, where people write about themselves and their level of climbing and leave their number, to find climbing partners in Chamonix, exactly what you're looking for I guess.
OP timmyh 04 Jan 2015
In reply to HosteDenis:

Thanks loads, I'll pop in there in the next few days!
Kristen_Mc 28 Jan 2015
In reply to timmyh:
Hi there. I'm here til 5 February and am looking to ice climb somewhere/ mountaineer something!
Matthew Tucker 03 Feb 2015
In reply to timmyh:

Hey! I ski but my passion is Ice climbing. If you want to do some ski touring , ice climbing, mixed climbing, or just do some skiing at a resort let me know. Email me: matthewtucker2011@yahoo.com or call/text +0674669796
Matt
 osheye 19 Feb 2015
In reply to Matthew Tucker:

hi , how long you there for , o
 osheye 19 Feb 2015
In reply to Kristen_Mc:

hi, how long you there for , any contact details , profile , o
 osheye 19 Feb 2015
In reply to timmyh:

hi, how long you there for , any contact details , o

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...