UKC

parcel courier in greece

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
mick taylor 06 Jan 2015
Posted an ebay item to a purchaser in Macedonia (Royal Mail International Signed). I believe once it gets to Greece, then a Greek courier will transport to its final destination. Does anyone know how/if I could find out the courier company in Greece? I know its arrived in Greece through tracking number, but its been in limbo for a while now and the purchaser is getting edgy.

Thanks.
 Chris Harris 06 Jan 2015
In reply to mick taylor:

I just asked the lovely Greek girl who sits next to me at work.

Apparently the Greek mail service pretty much shuts down for a fortnight or more over Christmas (and today is yet another Greek Bank Holiday), so tomorrow is the first day back for the bulk of the staff.

She posted a package to Greece on Dec 22, & it's still not been delivered.

RomTheBear 06 Jan 2015
In reply to Chris Harris:

Sent something from Greece to the UK four different times via standard postage, and it was lost every time. So good luck to you.
 Chris Craggs Global Crag Moderator 06 Jan 2015
In reply to mick taylor:

We have had stuff posted out from the UK to Kalymnos on a few occasions and if often takes up to four weeks and is never less than two - even when major holidays don't intervene.

Chris

PS We once sent a postcard from Kalymnos to Marmaris (about 70 miles away Turkey) in October and it arrived in May!!

mick taylor 07 Jan 2015
In reply to Chris Craggs:

Thanks all. Wished I'd not bothered as I advertised as UK postage only, but the friendly Christmas spirit got the better of me so agreed to post to Greece.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...