UKC

Stubai Alps

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 HosteDenis 07 Jan 2015

I'll be in the Stubai Alps in february. Could anyone tell me of any climbs in that area that are of interest in winter conditions?

All I can find are skitours or summer walks, I'd actually prefer to climb a challinging ridgeline or a mixed route with the axes.

Or could anyone suggest a good topo for frozen waterfalls in the area?

Any ideas?
Post edited at 23:49
OP HosteDenis 08 Jan 2015
In reply to HosteDenis:

I had actually already found that online topo link you gave me after I posted my message and have so far selected a waterfall or three I'd like to do, if conditions appear to be good in february. It's a good site with plenty of info.

That topo looks even better, but so far I've only been able to find sites that ship it to Austria or Germany, so I haven't found a way to order it yet.

But thanks for the help!
 rhoppen 08 Jan 2015
In reply to HosteDenis:

I live in the Netherlands and mailed the publisher and they send it to me!

Topo is the best, detailed description of waterfalls with ascent and descent.

good luck climbing and waiting for the right conditions!

grtz
 Paavo Lane 08 Jan 2015
In reply to HosteDenis:

Also worth looking at is the Climbers Paradise website, which you may have already found: http://www.climbers-paradise.com/regionen/stubaital/
just click on the routes in the "Eisklettern"section.

Don't think conditions are very good so far this season, as there haven't been any long cold periods, but i am sure it will improve if it gets properly cold anytime soon.

Not really any ridges or easier mixed climbs that I can think of, you really want to be ski touring over there to get the most out of it. Although there is not much snow so far this season, and tricky avalanche risk due to weak layers and strong winds.
OP HosteDenis 08 Jan 2015
In reply to HosteDenis:
Aha now on closer inspection I had actually found and bookmarked the climbers paradise website and had not yeat found the bergsteigen online topo. They do look similar.

Anyway, thanks to the both of you, I'll try to order that Eisklettern in Tirol topo
Post edited at 21:12

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...