UKC

Troll Jesters

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 d_b 09 Jan 2015
I have heard occasional rumours that these may be making a reappearance for Trolls anniversary in 2015. Does anyone know if they are true, and is anyone else planning to stock up if they are?
 Forester3 09 Jan 2015
In reply to davidbeynon:

As they make the Troll Omnis' in-house, I'm sure that if they thought there'd be sufficient demand, a short production run of jesters could be arranged - you could always contact them directly: sales@trolluk.com
 Rich0777 09 Jan 2015
In reply to davidbeynon:

Oh god, I do hope not, they were bad enough first time round…!!!
 cuppatea 09 Jan 2015
In reply to davidbeynon:

The ones with the panels of different colours? I'd buy a pair for old times' sake.
 goldmember 09 Jan 2015
In reply to davidbeynon:

Oooo, thought this was regarding trolling on the daily mail
 dek 09 Jan 2015
In reply to davidbeynon:
I suspect some Old Gits use them as winter thermals now....what an incentive not to have an accident!
 butteredfrog 09 Jan 2015
In reply to davidbeynon:

I used to wear them to the pub with a pair of para-boots.
OP d_b 10 Jan 2015
In reply to Forester3:

That's certainly a possibility. My wife got a one off pair of bright orange trouses from them for my birthday a couple of years back - one of their prototypes I believe. It may have hit the shops since but I haven't seen another pair.

There's nothing like browsing through absurdly patterned trousers on a rack to find the most offensive though. Getting them custom made would rob me of that experience
 Denzil 10 Jan 2015
In reply to davidbeynon: the idea of the Jesters came from one of our rescue team members, Jim Duffy. Jim sadly died last year, but I think if they did do a batch quite a few of the team members would buy a pair in his memory.

Forester3 14 Jan 2015
In reply to davidbeynon:

About ten years ago, for a laugh, I bought a pair of red omni's which had the 'dancing troll' print. I wore them a few times until the novelty factor ceased - then I felt silly! I ended up selling them to a mate who has worn them every time he's been out climbing ever since - they just refuse to wear out!

Also, he thinks the pattern's great .
OP d_b 14 Jan 2015
In reply to Forester3:
Onmis are great - light weight, fast drying, windproof & with a cut that doesn't restrict movement at all. What's not to like?

You can even get them in plain colours.
Post edited at 19:47
 deepsoup 14 Jan 2015
In reply to davidbeynon:

> Onmis are great - light weight, fast drying, windproof & with a cut that doesn't restrict movement at all. What's not to like?

I've got a pair of those (also the red ones with the dancing trolls), and you're right.
The only thing I can fault them on is that they can feel rather sweaty when it's warm (the downside of the fast-drying/windproof thing).
 ianstevens 15 Jan 2015
In reply to Richard Wheeldon:

> Oh god, I do hope so, they were amazing first time round…!!!

Fixed that for you.
 AJay 17 Jan 2015
In reply to dek:
That would be me! Always wear them as thermals when skiing so watch out if I have an accident!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...