UKC

B&b in dolomites. cortina.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 moonman101 11 Jan 2015

Hey everyone. Im planning a trip to the dolamites in july. I was just woundering if any one knew of a good b&b/hotel to use as a base but not be silly money.

Or is there some where near by doesn't have to be cortina

thank u
Post edited at 08:55
 beardy mike 11 Jan 2015
In reply to moonman101: Hi moonman, we've just started a self catering accomodation business in Val Pettorina at the foot of Marmolada. Take a look and see what you think. Www.casa-alfredino.co.uk - its not Cortina, but is very centrally located in the Dolomites with easy access to five vfs in the immediate vicinity and many many more within an hours drive.
OP moonman101 11 Jan 2015
In reply to beardy mike:

hi there I had a quick look at ur site. We are going to need some where from the 6th july for a week. 3 people. What can u do for a fellow climber.
 beardy mike 11 Jan 2015
In reply to moonman101:

Hi, we're fully booked from the 11th of July until the 18th, so we could do the 6th until the morning of the 11th? If you wanted to save money, we could put you in the bottom apartment which has a double/twin and a single sofa bed in the communal area? For a five night stay we'd charge £310 for all of you which includes a really decent sized living area with a fully equipped kitchen with oven and dishwasher, sky tv and a comfy seating arrangement. The sofabed is very quick to convert... It takes all of about 5 seconds plus installing the sheet. The Bathroom is nice and big with a good shower and there is a shoe/boot storage cupboard just outside. You have use of the communal terraces and the garden. Theres also private parking space right outside the house. Food - either you can eat in or there are several really good pizzerias nearby that also serve as watering holes. Travel to the house is relatively easy, I presume you'd rent a car in which case it is a 1 3/4 hour drive from Treviso, or a 2 hour drive from venice Marco polo. Its a pretty picturesque drive so the hours go by quick!

For VF's there the west ridge of Marmolada, the Eterna and the Via delle Trincee, all start about 10 minutes drive from the house. Or you can go down to Alleghe and catch the lift up to do the Vf Alleghesi on Civetta, or at Passo Falzarego, about 20mins, there is the Sass di Stria, the lagozuoi, the Alpini, Monte Averau and Nuvelaou or Tofana di Rozes to ge getting on with. In the direction of Canazei you have the Vf finaziari, Col Rodella, the Possnecker path or Roda di Vael, the Santnerpass, or the cima Cantenaccio d'antemoia within an hours drive. You won't get board! Email me at info@casa-alfredino.co.uk if you want to get involved.

Mike
 beardy mike 11 Jan 2015
In reply to moonman101: just realisedI assumed vf, let me know what you're aiming to achieve climbing wise and i can make some suggestions. Re the extra couple of nights, i can most likely find somewhere nearby, one of the neighbours is planning or running a b&b but I don't know when he'd be looking to start...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...