UKC

Canada west coast

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Pina 11 Jan 2015
So I'm heading to Vancouver for 2 weeks in Feb and will have some free days to kill. Anyone got any good recommendations on places to go for some mixed cragging?

I won't have much luggage so will be limited on the stuff I can bring so I'll be looking for somewhere I can easily find partners as well. Recommendations on places to find partners?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks.
 Graham 12 Jan 2015
In reply to J_Trottet:
Vancouver is a long way from any reliable mixed climbing... Just sayin' You could try cascadeclimbers.com - it's an american site (based in Seattle) but there are a lot of Vancouverites on there.
Post edited at 08:38
OP Pina 12 Jan 2015
In reply to Graham:

Thanks.

I was actually looking at going to base myself in somewhere closer to the climbing. Just unsure as to where. I'll have a few days so would look at renting a car and driving. Know of anywhere good within a 4-5 hour drive from Vancouver?
 George Ormerod 12 Jan 2015
In reply to J_Trottet:

West coast ice and mixed, isn't very reliable. A better option would be to drive to Canmore (about 10 hours from Vancouver) or fly to Calgary and then to Canmore (about an hour) and post for partners on the gravsports ice forum. If you're limited for luggage you can hire at the MEC or the University outdoor centre in Calgary. If mixed is your poison, then Sean Issac's Mixed Climbs in the Rockies is the only guidebook, if your tastes run to pure ice too, then Brent Peter's Ice Lines is a good selective guide, or I can send you a link to the definitive and out of print Waterfall Ice in the Rockies by Jo Jo.

Enjoy.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...