UKC

long traverses

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 astonminifield 12 Jan 2015
hi im looking for super long traverses around the peak district. my aim is for me and my climbing partner to try and do every super long traverse in the peak district and after that maybe all of the long ones in the UK. thankyou in advance for any infomation you can provide.
 Skipinder 12 Jan 2015
In reply to astonminifield:

You could try the coastline traverse. Or more easily http://www.ukclimbing.com/logbook/c.php?i=201431
 mark20 12 Jan 2015

Chee Tor Girdle VS -
Alcasan E2 - Stoney - good route in it's own right
Monster Traverse E3 - Horseshoe - more like F6b/+, longest trav in Peak (except Stanage) ?
Aplomb E1 - Plum Buttress Cheedale - awesome exposure
Lichen E2- Chatsworth - not actually done it but looks fun. rumours of a huge machine nut you can clip with a big crab
Castle Naze Traverse HVS (?) - a good historical tick, first girdle traverse?
Stanage Traverse - E5 - ?
Broomgrove Road Wall Traverse F7c - not long but hard and the best of them all
In reply to mark20:

thankyou for the great list of traverse i will be getting out and doing them soon. was given advice by tom randall to do stanage traverse the longest in the peak district and posably the uk
 gethin_allen 13 Jan 2015

The dalesman at high neb is an interesting one. Otherwise ring of roses at rivelin is hard for the grade. These are both on my wish list.
 Mick Ward 13 Jan 2015
In reply to mark20:

> Broomgrove Road Wall Traverse F7c - not long but hard and the best of them all

Ah, nostalgia!

Mick
 David Barlow 13 Jan 2015
The full Black Rocks traverse (not the measly 2 pitch one). That's not listed on the UKC page, and I suspect isn't in the current guidebook, but it's ~11 pitches and is most fun (complete with abseil partway through).
 Doug 13 Jan 2015
Can't remember how long the traverse of Boulder Ruckle is, but quite a few pitches (20+ ?)

edit - just checked - 3500m & 52 pitches
http://www.ukclimbing.com/logbook/c.php?i=160070
Post edited at 10:06
 d_b 13 Jan 2015

The upper girdle on Beinn Eighe looks good, only Severe too.
 Sankey 13 Jan 2015

Pendulum HVS at Stoney
and the Wildcat girdle (E1?)
 paul mitchell 13 Jan 2015

I have a traverse on a bridge arch here in New Mills that I think even Jerry M would not have been able to flash.
Happy to show anyone who wants to visit.I have only done it twice.Called Bleating.80 feet.
 string arms 13 Jan 2015

Not quite in the peak but if you like traverses try craig y longridge. Be warned tho its pretty steep gritstone! ;-》
In reply to string arms:

ive seen that one, craig y longridge is the one that started off my adiction to traverses. hopefully will fully do it this year
Removed User 13 Jan 2015

Traverse of the gods Swanage
 Tom Valentine 13 Jan 2015

Dovestones Main Quarry Girdle Traverse. Can't imagine a bigger adventure in the Peak.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...