UKC

Symmetrical Climbing Wall Panel

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Simon Pelly 13 Jan 2015
At our local climbing wall, there is a climbing wall panel which has holds laid out in a vertically symmetric fashion.

Wondering if peeps use this in the training and what sort of routines/benefits they find from it.

Simon...
 Dandan 13 Jan 2015
In reply to Simon Pelly:

Google 'System board' and you'll find all sorts of info about them
OP Simon Pelly 13 Jan 2015
In reply to Dandan:

Was really trying to understand if people on here actually use them and get benefits from them. Have never seen anybody use this down the wall.
 Dandan 13 Jan 2015
In reply to Simon Pelly:

Personally, no, as none of my regular walls have one, but seeing as I am a bit of a training addict then I would almost certainly use one given the chance.
from what I hear they are very good at pointing out imbalances as you get to do the same move on both sides of the body and it is surprising how different the two sides can feel.
I'd also imagine they are great if you are struggling with a particular hold type as you can just train that one specific hold repeatedly without having to find a route that contains maybe one or two of the right sort of hold.
 PPP 14 Jan 2015
In reply to Dandan:
> I'd also imagine they are great if you are struggling with a particular hold type as you can just train that one specific hold repeatedly without having to find a route that contains maybe one or two of the right sort of hold.

This. Especially if you can link few moves you are struggling. That helped me, but I don't train on it too often as I prefer jugs over wooden crimps.

/sarcasm
Post edited at 09:56
 Steve nevers 14 Jan 2015
In reply to Simon Pelly:

Good for working the core as well.

Plant your feet and keep moving your hands further up trying to maintain your feet. Surprisingly hard.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...