UKC

Mounting a pull up bar at the bottom of the stairs

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Paul38uk 14 Jan 2015
I was wondering if anyone here has mounted a pull up bar over the bottom of the stairs? There seems to be lots of door frame pull up bars, but I fancied one in between the two door frames going across the bottom of the stairs.

Anyone?
 jkarran 14 Jan 2015
In reply to paul29uk:

If the frame is well supported by walls either side I don't see it's any different to any other door except you may bump your head more easily.

If the frame isn't well supported it may bow so yo can't get the expanding type to stick without using the little screw on cups they come with.

jk
 simon kimber 14 Jan 2015
In reply to jkarran:

You really shouldn't use the expanding types without the screw on cups anyway.
 jkarran 14 Jan 2015
In reply to simon kimber:

They work fine where they're properly supported.
jk
 Steve nevers 14 Jan 2015
In reply to paul29uk:

Theres a small ledge above the bottom of my stairs so it kind of acts like a campus rail anyway. Was considering putting a fingerboard up there but its a fair reach to grab hold of, and I don't fancy exploding off it and f**king my back on the stairs.
 jkarran 14 Jan 2015
In reply to Steve nevers:

Doesn't sound like the best location to be honest, it'd be pretty easy to break something landing heavily on stairs.
jk
 Steve nevers 14 Jan 2015
In reply to paul29uk:
Good alternative if you have an attic hatch is suspend a frame from that. With some planning you can include a hatch in the centre so you can still have access to your attic (as long as you not too portly), works well if you drop two boards down from the hatch, one for fingerboards and campus rails, others currently crammed with slopers and pinches.
Post edited at 17:11

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...