UKC

NEW ROUTE CARD: Crummackdale Loop

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Seymore Butt 15 Jan 2015
Trow Gill, 3 kbA medium grade mountain bike ride through some of the best of the limestone Dales, suitable for all year riding.

18.47 miles, 29.72 km, 663m ascent, 3 – 3:30 hours. Settle

Read more at http://www.ukhillwalking.com/logbook/r/?i=887
 Bob 15 Jan 2015
In reply to Seymore Butt:

Having only ridden down the BW out of Stainforth, I don't fancy riding up it Though I'll get my chance in June ...
MHutch70 15 Jan 2015
In reply to Bob:

You doing Stu's big ride?

PS It's fine, but not necessarily after 140 miles.
 Bob 15 Jan 2015
In reply to MHutch70:

Yep, just need to get fit for it. And need to get some bikepacking kit and learn how to use it. No pressure then
MHutch70 15 Jan 2015
In reply to Bob:

It was tempting, but the thought of 12,000 ft of off-road ascent two days running is an intimidating one. Luckily it filled up before I could do something daft and enter it.
 Bob 15 Jan 2015
In reply to MHutch70:

I did roughly a third of the distance and height gain in September, riding out along the Pennine Bridleway to Helwith Bridge and back via Malham Tarn and Weets Top. Took under 8hrs including an hour of stops, oh, and a lot of gates!
MHutch70 16 Jan 2015
In reply to Bob

Sounds about right. Trouble with me is the 'check engine' light tends to go on at about 5-6,000 ft of ascent in a day. Will have to do some longer rides this year.
 Bob 16 Jan 2015
In reply to MHutch70:

The "Check stupidity" light went on after just 11Km on Sunday, actually it was flickering from the off Cray down to Buckden then over Firth Moor to Litton. The plan was to head over to Helwith Bridge but we were only doing 11kmh on the flat road, a gale and horizontal rain didn't look too appetising for the next few hours. Plan B was implemented - sit in the pub until my mate's wife came to pick us up!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...