UKC

Baggage Insurance

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Hi,
desperately need some help after hours of unsuccessful googling!
I'm on holiday in the USA, and am flying back in a couple of days. On the way here, the airline lost one of our bags, meaning we had to buy a load of new equipment nd clothing, thankfully all covered on the travel insurance.
However, we've now maxed out the travel insurance claim limit, so I'm really worried about the bage getting lost on the way home, as I won't have any way of getting refunded for the missing items over the airline standard liability (about €1200)
Does anyone know any companies that will offer BAGGAGE ONLY insurance, on a trip that's already begun?
Someone must have experienced the same issue before? Thanks
 Scarab9 15 Jan 2015
In reply to Cookie (North East Wales MC):

have you spoken to the insurance company you have your main policy with? Normally you can add on for specific expensive items so I'd have thought you could work something out with them that way
 AlisonSmiles 15 Jan 2015

Have you looked at shipping it instead. I imagine you can get international courier company insurance. I'm guessing you won't need the same kit quite immediately when you get home so delay might be OK?

All bags arrived home safe
 NottsRich 21 Jan 2015

Good to hear. I had a similar concern and asked World Nomads. You can start a policy when out of the country, and whilst they won't cover missed flights etc in this situation, I was led to believe that they would cover lost/damaged baggage. For next time!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...