UKC

mac / iphone camera connection question

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 DannyH 16 Jan 2015
Hi All

So google has turned up a few people with the same question as me, but a complete lack of useful answers (at least none I can understand). No one's answered me directly on mac forums, so I thought I'd try the kind & knowlegable folk of UKC...

Can I use an iphone 5c as a camera for a mac mini - ie make the computer think it has a built in camera? if so, how...?

In case there are better ways round the actual problem, what I actually want to do is add a scanned / photographed signature to a pdf using preview. In their infinite wisdom, Apple seem to have made it impossible to add a signature / image in any way apart from with a built in camera. I know there are other software options, but for a variety of reasons Preview is much the prefferred option so I'd like to get it to work.

Cheers
Danny

ben b 17 Jan 2015
In reply to DannyH:
I have to say, I think the answer is no....

Can you borrow a plug in webcam (USB or an old iSight)?

Can you borrow someone else's MacBook and delete your digital signature afterwards?

b
OP DannyH 17 Jan 2015
In reply to ben b:

Thanks - I was coming to the same conclusion, and borrowing / getting a web cam sounds like the way forward. It continually annoys me ( in a minor way), that apple can come up with great ideas but regularly chose not to put tried and tested solutions alongside the innovative stuff...

D

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...