UKC

Recommended Approach Shoes for a low volume foot?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Steve nevers 18 Jan 2015
Was hoping I could get some advise on picking out a good shoe from the selection available, as theres bloody loads of them and I'm getting a bit lost in all the options out there.

Was looking at the 5.10 guide tennie, but seems they are pretty high volume and I've got quite a slender foot and heel, also 5.10 rock shoes never fit me. Alterantive was Evolv Cruzers, but every review I've seen states the build quality is god awful.

Any thing I should have a look at? Cheers.
Removed User 19 Jan 2015
In reply to Steve nevers:

La sportiva boulder x worth a look. I'm in your boat with narrow low volume feet and these are the best I've used.
 John Kelly 19 Jan 2015
In reply to Removed User:

scarpa crux, thick socks, £60 - joe brown or climbers shop - scarpa build quality
 cat22 20 Jan 2015

+1 for Sportiva Boulder X. I'm on my 3rd pair.
 Climber_Bill 20 Jan 2015
In reply to cat22:

Agree with the Sportiva Boulder X as well. I have long and narrow feet and they fit me perfectly. I have found they do come up a bit smaller than other makes. I wear a larger size than say Scarpa, so best to try on in a shop instead of buying on the internet.
 CharlieMack 20 Jan 2015

I have the same problem. Been through quite a few brands. The best ive found are 5.10 freerunners (which are no longer made, but some online shops still have some) and salewa firetails. I've got the gtx ones for boggy approaches. Found the sportivas to be pretty good and burly. But quite heavy and not as soft and forgiving as others.
Mammut redburns are also a great fit if you can find them cheap.
In reply to Steve nevers: I've got long, narrow, low-volume feet. I've been Ok with Merrell Chameleons though, as mine are a few years old, I don't know what new versions are like.

However, if you fit means more to you than people assuming you're a brand name buyer, go and try on some Timberland approach shoes. I have a pair that are a about four years old and they're easily the best fitting approach shoes I own.

T.

Matt250 20 Jan 2015

Another + 1 for the La Sportiva Boulder Xs. They're an approach shoe that are good to climb in. The negatives for me are not waterproof, and the soles are hard/stiff for long days of scrambling, but otherwise excellent. (I also have low volume feet!)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...