UKC

touring boot liner laces

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 davy_boy 18 Jan 2015
Just a quick question when skinning do people undo the laces on the liner or leave them done up ?
Have tried it both ways before and laces undone seems more comfortable but a bit of a pain to redo. Thinking about taking them off the liner altogether.
What is everyone else doing if they have laced liners ?
 AdrianC 19 Jan 2015
In reply to davy_boy:

I never even put the laces in! But when skinning I undo all the buckles and velcro - you get a much better range of ankle movement that way.
 JuneBob 19 Jan 2015
In reply to davy_boy:
On my previous boots the laces were already there - those salomons with a pull cord. I left them loose on the way up.
My current ones (tlt6) I haven't bothered putting laces in. I leave everything open. However, you might get blisters if your foot is left to slide around in the boot, but hopefully the boot fits well enough that it doesn't happen.
 NottsRich 19 Jan 2015
In reply to davy_boy:

I lace the boots up, and only loosen the two toe buckles when skinning. Much quicker to then get back to ski mode, and still perfectly comfortable for me. Any looser and my feet move around in the boots. Maestrale RS.
OP davy_boy 19 Jan 2015
Cheers folks think i might just take the laces out my dynafit boots as they fit well enough without tying them. My other salomon boots have the quick pull lacing and it does make life a lot easier to change after skinning.

IainMacG 19 Jan 2015
In reply to davy_boy:
I don't bother with laces.... my understanding was that laces were to give you the option of a wearing the inner in a hut (not necessarily the fully catered variety with hut slippers) if you wanted...
 Carless 19 Jan 2015
In reply to davy_boy:

I've got Maestrale RS and don't use the laces
Seems to work fine as long as you position the tongue correctly when you tighten the boot for skiing
When skinning I loosen some buckles and the inner doesn't seem to slide around at all
In reply to davy_boy:

I did a 24 mile hike in my Maestrale RS's with no laces (not on purpose...) and it was not too bad. I now have the laces in. Honestly not sure if it makes any difference. Might take them out again and see.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...