UKC

Like/dislike function appears...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
I see a few new forum features seem to have rolled out quietly; the like/dislike buttons now show counts, and there's a new 'thread scroll' button, in blue.

Whilst I can see like/dislike buttons and counts for other users, they (sensibly) don't appear for my posts, so I can't like or dislike myself.

But what should I see on the off-chance that someone 'likes' one of my posts...?
KevinD 19 Jan 2015
In reply to captain paranoia:

you dont.
Only the site admin types can see it at the moment.
In reply to dissonance:
No; I can see green counters beside the 'like' button, and the button is black, not white (black might mean that I've liked a post, even if accidentally...). And the blue scroll buttons are new.

See the first reply on this thread:

http://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/t.php?n=606789&v=1

Plenty of counts visible on this thread:

http://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/t.php?n=606980&v=1

Android, Chrome.
oh, and XP/Firefox now, too...

'blue scroll buttons' are actually top/bottom of thread, I think. They float over the page.
Post edited at 18:10
 goose299 19 Jan 2015

I can see them too if it helps
 cuppatea 19 Jan 2015

> Whilst I can see like/dislike buttons and counts for other users, they (sensibly) don't appear for my posts, so I can't like or dislike myself.

Which is sensible, but..

> But what should I see on the off-chance that someone 'likes' one of my posts...?

I also wondered about this. Is there no way to see how many likes our own posts have got?

KevinD 19 Jan 2015
In reply to goose299:

> I can see them too if it helps

ah. thats new.
In reply to cuppatea:

It seems that we cannot... That's what prompted my pondering...

I see a lot of likes on this thread. Apart from for my posts...
 deepsoup 19 Jan 2015
> I see a lot of likes on this thread. Apart from for my posts...

OH? That's interesting. I just 'liked' your OP, to see if it worked, which bumped it up to 14 'likes'. You can't see those?
August West 19 Jan 2015

> I see a lot of likes on this thread.

In order to give a bit of balance to all the likes I just disliked all the posts on this thread.

In reply to deepsoup:

Nope; my suspicion is that because you can't see the buttons, and the counts are associated with the buttons, you can't see the counts...

I'll like your post, and I bet you won't see it...
In reply to August West:

I tried giving you a like and a dislike, but it won't let me. So you've ended up with a dislike...
andymac 19 Jan 2015
In reply to cuppatea:

> Which is sensible, but..

> I also wondered about this. Is there no way to see how many likes our own posts have got?

You've got 10 likes,like
 cuppatea 19 Jan 2015
In reply to andymac:

Thanks, Andy. I've just liked your post. That's 1 so far. I'll have a look in the morning.
It's all very exciting.
andymac 19 Jan 2015
In reply to cuppatea:

I feel terrible now,like.

I lied.like

I didn't want you to feel left out,like.

You've got 2 likes bonnie lad.

Aha! I've just looked at a closed thread (the original 'Hi fi advice' thread), and see that The like/dislike buttons are available for me. Let's see if I can like myself...

No. And neither can I like any other posts, even though the buttons are still visible. I post useful advice, and don't get a single like. stroppy says he can't understand all this new-fangled stuff, and gets a like... Where's the 'dislike likes' button...?
August West 19 Jan 2015

> I tried giving you a like and a dislike, but it won't let me. So you've ended up with a dislike...

Like.

You should be able to see the Like count on your own posts now
In reply to Paul Phillips - UKC and UKH:

Thanks Paul.

<like>
 pec 20 Jan 2015

And where have all these green smiley faces started appearing from? Are we going to have avatars next and some other superfluous crap to clutter the place up?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...