UKC

Recommend me some 7As in Mallorca

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Dan Jam 19 Jan 2015
As per the title. Looking for a few suggestions for some (preferably toward the softer end) 7As to go at when i head out there in a few weeks and hopefully get my first outdoor tick on one.

Cheers
 jon 19 Jan 2015
In reply to DJ7A:

Ha, Buf is as soft as they come... until you're 10cms from the belay!
 james1978 19 Jan 2015
In reply to DJ7A:
The routes in mallorca are graded properly and you won't find too many soft touches like you do in the rest of Spain...
 james1978 19 Jan 2015
In reply to DJ7A:

Although ' xin peldon ' near to port pollensa springs to mind.
 climberchristy 19 Jan 2015
In reply to DJ7A:

As another guy has said, Mallorca grades tend to be pretty tough compared to mainland Spain so don't expect many soft touches.

'Arrufa es cul' at Les Perxes is a great little 7a but not soft. 'Pocket Wall' at Gorg Blau is also excellent but again not soft.

However, one REALLY soft supposed 7a is 'Gueropa' at Gorg Blau. I've climbed an awful lot of 6cs that have been harder than this. So if you want to tick something that a guide book calls 7a then this is as soft as it comes - but you'd only be kidding yourself really.

Whatever you climb.. hope you enjoy.
j james 20 Jan 2015
In reply to DJ7A:

'si lo se no vengo' sa gubia paret de se colums its in the guidebook at 7a, local grade 6c+ do it anyway its a great route! 'jungle hop' at fraguel is even better proper 7a.
OP Dan Jam 20 Jan 2015
In reply to jon:
So the guidebook says. Definitely will have a go!
Post edited at 09:33
OP Dan Jam 20 Jan 2015
In reply to climberchristy:

No worries I don't want something that's been over graded just don't want to end up on a sand bag! Won't be seriously projecting anything so any route that's got a nice sequence that I don't have to take on every few moves would be welcome!
In reply to climberchristy:

> However, one REALLY soft supposed 7a is 'Gueropa' at Gorg Blau. I've climbed an awful lot of 6cs that have been harder than this. So if you want to tick something that a guide book calls 7a then this is as soft as it comes - but you'd only be kidding yourself really.

Xama (7a+)

That's interesting. When we were there working on the guidebook we did loads of the routes on that wall and most were ok. At the end of the day I was beneath that and too tired to climb it so we left it. Sounds like we should have had a go.

New slightly updated guidebook will be out in the end of the year so get it ticked before then!

Alan
 jjsk8a 10 Feb 2015
In reply to DJ7A:

If you dont tick off a 7 this trip then go back in september / october for some dws and try rich bitch and big xxl.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...