UKC

Majorca - September 2015

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
alp1983 21 Jan 2015
Hello - I'm new here.

I will be going to Mallorca late August/September this year (2015) for a family engagement, and given the quality of the climbing, I really want to get some in whilst I'm there. If I can't hook up with any individuals directly, would anyone know of an organised trip for this period that I could investigate of tag along with? Or perhaps a local scene that I could gate-crash.?

Would be looking to get some quality sport lines in (less worried about the grades, more the experience but anywhere up to 6c/+ would be ideal) perhaps a bit of trad but nothing balls out I understand there are some amazing lines.

Any suggestions?

Ad
 james1978 21 Jan 2015
In reply to alp1983:

If I remember correctly, there's a gear shop in palma with a website that people use for hooking up with partners. I don't know how successful it is but maybe worth a try?

www.foracorda.com I think....
 mark catcher 22 Jan 2015
In reply to alp1983: September is deep water soloing season. All you need is a pair of shorts and your climbing shoes.

silhouette 22 Jan 2015
In reply to alp1983:

I don't see the sense of your scenario; surely your family would appreciate you being with them instead of slinking off. Don't you realise how quick and how cheap it is to plan a proper trip to Mallorca another time? More than once I've got up in the morning, flown there and been at Sa Gubia or Cova del Diablo not much later than 12 noon (and stayed out climbing until teatime on the last day). September / October is a perfect time, with cheap fares once the school holidays have ended (though too far into October gets the sea a bit too chilly and choppy for much DWS).
 silhouette 22 Jan 2015
In reply to alp1983:

Oh, and to answer another of your points; you should be able to find a partner easily enough on the internet as long as they, and you, have credible profiles. As well as here, I've met some good USA folk on "rockclimbing.com". Hope this helps.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...