UKC

Riglos/montserrat/graus Easy multipitch

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 dunnyg 24 Jan 2015
Is there any super easy (preferably multipitch) sport in riglos that would be reasonable to take a beginerish climber up? Any topo source? Not really keen to buy a guide for one days climbing there?

Also is there any recomendations for easy multipitch in montserrat, will probably be there for about a week. Will probably try and pick up a guidebook too. Whats the deal with the bird bans there?

Also spending a week near graus. Any recomendations for good easy climbing? Looking for sub 6a really.

cheers

Removed User 24 Jan 2015
In reply to dunnyg:

Montserrat is really stuffed with superb multipitch routes up to 6a. If you are there for several days then buy the CaraSur multipitch guidebook and also, if you can find it the Gorros guide. In spring most climbers will still be on the south side of Montserrat. The main climbers meeting place is the Bar Anna in El Bruc and they have copies of the guide books and a new route book. A basic principle at Montserrat is the easier the grade, the less fixed gear will be in place and it is not unusual for routes in the low 5's to just have bolts every 5-10m so I tend to carry a small rack. Most of the bird restrictions are Jan-end March but some go on to the end of June but there are still plenty of crags to go at. Send me a private email and i will give you some crags/routes that will be open to climb on.
Mike Rhodes
Pyrenean Trails

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...