UKC

Pain in the top of my foot

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Trangia 25 Jan 2015

I have a recurring pain which affects the top of my foot where I can feel the tendons running down to the toes. It developes quite suddenly and can be excrutiating. It doesn't seem to be triggered by exercise and usually occurs before not after I do a long walk. I usually wake up with it when it happens and for the first half hour or so walking is painful. Then as my foot warms up the pain eases and I am able to walk, albeit with a limp. It can last two or three days, then just as suddenly as it came, it goes away. The interval between bouts can be several months. I find that rubbing in Voltarol helps to ease it.

Any suggestions as to what the cause could be?
Post edited at 14:22
kerny 26 Jan 2015
In reply to Trangia:
I had the same problem for a couple of months I would get pain at the top of my foot but after walking on it for a minute or so it would wear off then one night just before going to bed the pain went worse and once in bed it started throbbing causing me to have a sleepless night, I started to think that it might be goute which I have never had before as the pain was excruciating so in the morning I was lucky enough to get a cancellation at my doctors and my GP diagnosed me with tendonitis telling me that it can just come on at any time even though I have never suffered with it in the past. Medication prescribed was.... Naproxen 500mg, Co-codamol 30mg, back to normal after a couple of days but I do believe that once you have had it, it does tend to come back.

p.s. also I am 56 so I think that it's more likely to happen in middle age .... wear and tear and all that..... Hope that helps
k.
Post edited at 16:58

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...