UKC

Leonidio Info

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 stp 27 Jan 2015
Just wondering about the logistics for Leonidio. I've perused quite a bit of the online info but still have lots of questions about visiting there.

• Where are the best places to stay? Camping or cheap hostel/apartments? Is there a specific place where climbers tend to stay?
  • How far is it to the crags from there?
  • Is a car necessary? And if so do you need a credit card to hire one as in some Euro countries?
  • Are there banks or places where you can get/change money/traveller's cheques etc.?
  • Are all the crags in the sun or are there shady places to climb when its hot?
  • If not are there other areas nearby?
  • What's weather likely to be in mid-Feb to early March?
  • Anything else one should know about before visiting?

• cheers
 jimtitt 27 Jan 2015
In reply to stp:

There´s a campsite at Kinouria about 15km away but it almost certainly isn´t open then. You need a car (and a credit card) or use the taxi service. There is an occasional bus which groans it´s way over the mountains to Sparta if I remember rightly.There are banks,pensions shops and tavernas in Leonidhion.
No idea about the crags developed, I only climbed on the big cliff opposite the town.
The weather depends on how high the crags are, up the top of the gorge you´ll still be at the snowline in late Feb. It´s the rainy season as well.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...