UKC

Fantasy 6 Nations

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 the sheep 27 Jan 2015
Its nearly that time of year again to crank up the cross border hostilities.
The Fantasy 6 Nations game can be found here;
http://espnscrum.fantasyleague.com/Index.aspx
The league is;
UKC Fatasy 6 Nations
League PIN: 82658

Enjoy
Clauso 27 Jan 2015
In reply to the sheep:

Good stuff, will try to cobble a team together...

Shall we just award Sloper's Proles the Wooden Spoon now, and save him the bother?
OP the sheep 28 Jan 2015
In reply to Clauso:

It already has his name engraved on it for this year!
 coinneach 28 Jan 2015
In reply to the sheep:

I'm in !
In reply to the sheep:

Sounds fun, though picking a ten for week one is more luck than judgement if injuries and form are considered.
OP the sheep 02 Feb 2015
Not long to go now, best get your teams in
OP the sheep 03 Feb 2015
Well the Wales team has been revealed to you can start selecting your Boyo's now. How many can they run in against The Hype??

Shani 04 Feb 2015
In reply to Clauso:

Wooden spoon? I reckon we award a 'Wooden Sloper'.
OP the sheep 05 Feb 2015
In reply to Shani:

It all kicks off tomorrow, any more takers??
 Cú Chullain 05 Feb 2015
In reply to the sheep:

I am considering it.

Off to Rome tomorrow for the Irish game...cant fecking wait
 Horse 05 Feb 2015
In reply to Shani:
Would we able to tell the difference between wooden and real?

I'm in usual name.
Post edited at 19:19
 Shani 05 Feb 2015
In reply to Horse:

True.

Right, I'm in!
 Shani 06 Feb 2015
In reply to the sheep:

Last call!
 Horse 06 Feb 2015
In reply to Shani:

Sounds like Rimmer shouting into the physios room before making his team selection.
 Shani 06 Feb 2015
In reply to Horse:
Colours. Mast. Nailed:

1. England, Ireland
2. Wales
3. Scotland
4. France
5. Italy
Post edited at 09:54
Clauso 06 Feb 2015
In reply to Shani:

New Zealand, surely!?!
 Shani 06 Feb 2015
Bump.

Jimbo W 06 Feb 2015
In reply to the sheep:

If you have a Samsung smart TV but without an aerial or satellite connected but do have all the internet stuff like iPlayer and amazon, which is how I normally watch things, is there a mechanism to watch the game? Do I need a specific app?
OP the sheep 06 Feb 2015
Loks like the Welsh are getting their whinging in even before they loose

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/31154214?fb_ref=Default

Frank4short 06 Feb 2015
In reply to the sheep:

> Loks like the Welsh are getting their whinging in even before they loose

And the English wonder why the Celtic nations gloat when they loose?
 Horse 06 Feb 2015
In reply to Frank4short:
And imagine the furore had the English said similar about the Whinging Fringe.
Post edited at 18:46
 Horse 06 Feb 2015
In reply to Frank4short:

They won't be gloating tonight.
 Dr.S at work 06 Feb 2015
In reply to Frank4short:

Not really, no.
You're just jealous.
 Frank4short 06 Feb 2015
In reply to Horse:

No doubt however the original commentary appeared to be correct. Easter running off the ball blocking tacklers. That was the reason the final try was disalowed. Anyway all of that asides was a reasonable match that England deserved to win.
 Frank4short 06 Feb 2015
In reply to Dr.S at work:
> Not really, no.

> You're just jealous.

Yes, yes that's it exactly. We don't dislike you, the nation commentariot because of your hubris, we dislike you cause we, all of the celtic nations, are just jealous. Makes perfect sense now you've pointed it out to me. Thank you for showing me the error or my ways.
Post edited at 23:38
 Horse 06 Feb 2015
In reply to Frank4short:

People get pulled up for crossing in plenty, if not all, test matches. One offence in a game hardly proves England are serial and persistent offenders.
 Shani 06 Feb 2015
Well, for all the hype about Wales's settled team and a 10-0 lead, Wales cracked big style.

The self belief and never say die attitude from England is very impressive. This was England B against the Lions and we won!
 Dr.S at work 06 Feb 2015
In reply to Frank4short:

Glad to clear that up for you.
Any other queries?
 Dr.S at work 06 Feb 2015
In reply to Frank4short:

Yeah, fair call in my book - but I thought the try was given and then they went back to the video, which I don't really like.

Stuff that gets allowed now would have been pinged for crossing straight away a few years ago.
 Horse 06 Feb 2015
In reply to Shani:

England B, Extra 3rds surely?
 Shani 07 Feb 2015
In reply to Horse:

Saxons B?

You heard from Sloper this PM? Hey WE also head the fantasy league this evening!
 Shani 08 Feb 2015
Tunnelgate! Dj Spoony! WTF is happening to Welsh rugby? The arrogance is bad but the jazzhands and showbiz really is starting to look tragic.
 Dr.S at work 08 Feb 2015
In reply to the sheep:

Good effort by Scotland, and workmanlike from Ireland - but watching rugby rewind on sunday morning was the best thing after friday night - some cracking stuff!
 Euge 09 Feb 2015
In reply to the sheep:

Seems like Edwards was right... hence the last try being disallowed

> Loks like the Welsh are getting their whinging in even before they loose

galpinos 09 Feb 2015
In reply to Horse:
> (In reply to Frank4short)
>
> People get pulled up for crossing in plenty, if not all, test matches. One offence in a game hardly proves England are serial and persistent offenders.

Like most crossing incidents, it looked accidental to me, no-one expected the aging Easter to overun the ball!
 Horse 09 Feb 2015
In reply to galpinos:

Biggar was obviously completely foxed by the pace of Easter, judging by the early tackle of man without ball
 Shani 12 Feb 2015
In reply to Horse:

Predictions for the weekend*:

Wales to beat Scotland. (This has to be THE match to watch this weekend)
Ireland to beat France. (Had Wales not lost last week, this would be THE match to anticipate)
Italy to beat England. (The pasta-bastards trash the charioteers....maybe)

*I might get one of these wrong.
 JohnnyW 12 Feb 2015
In reply to Shani:

Hmmm
OP the sheep 12 Feb 2015
In reply to Shani:

*You might get one of those right..
 Cú Chullain 12 Feb 2015
In reply to the sheep:

Strong Irish side released:

15. Rob Kearney (UCD/Leinster)
14. Tommy Bowe (Belfast Harlequins/Ulster)
13. Jared Payne (Ulster)
12. Robbie Henshaw (Buccaneers/Connacht)
11. Simon Zebo (Cork Con/Munster)
10. Johnny Sexton (Racing Metro)
9. Conor Murray (Garryowen/Munster)

1. Jack McGrath (St. Mary's College/Leinster)
2. Rory Best (Banbridge/Ulster)
3. Mike Ross (Clontarf/Leinster)
4. Devin Toner (Lansdowne/Leinster)
5. Paul O'Connell (Young Munster/Munster) captain
6. Peter O'Mahony (Cork Constitution/Munster)
7. Sean O'Brien (UCD/Leinster)
8. Jamie Heaslip (Dublin University/Leinster)

Replacements
16. Sean Cronin (St. Mary's College/Leinster)
17. Cian Healy (Clontarf/Leinster)
18. Martin Moore (Lansdowne/Leinster)
19. Iain Henderson (Ballynahinch/Ulster)
20. Jordi Murphy (Lansdowne/Leinster)
21. Isaac Boss (Terenure/Leinster)
22. Ian Madigan (Blackrock/Leinster)
23. Felix Jones (Shannon/Munster)
 Horse 12 Feb 2015
In reply to Shani:

Hard to see England losing hopefully they can move on from last week with a decent display not a hangover.

Scotland to win this weeks prize for crap pre-match floor show bolloxs and not much else, unfortunately.

Ireland should be too good for France but......... The Parisienne air can do odd things to the Irish and Parra won't help matters. France by one score.
 coinneach 13 Feb 2015
In reply to Horse:

England should thrash Italy at HQ.
Scotland will fail to lose the "plucky losers" tag.
Ireland to beat France by a score.

Love to be wrong on all counts but it's the Six Nations so you never know!
 Horse 14 Feb 2015
In reply to coinneach:

Thought the Irish were away in Paris, wrong. Win for Ireland then.
 coinneach 14 Feb 2015
In reply to Horse:

Woo Hoo ! Go Italia!
 balmybaldwin 14 Feb 2015
In reply to the sheep:

I do like it when the italians put up a good fight. Even when they are playing England
 Shani 14 Feb 2015
In reply to balmybaldwin:

Same here. I love the fact that they always play with ambition, whatever the odds.
 Horse 14 Feb 2015
In reply to Shani:

Very hard to dislike it when Parisse does good things. The lump at fly half looks a useful unit.
 balmybaldwin 14 Feb 2015
In reply to Horse:

Parisse would make most people's world 15. The energy he brings is astonishing, he must burn twice the calories of anyone else on the pitch.

This doesnt look good for Brown.

coinneach 14 Feb 2015

Yeah it's a bugger. He's in my fantasy team too!

Joseph should have passed to Burrell.
 Horse 14 Feb 2015
In reply to coinneach:

JJ needs to learn to pass, preferably to Watson or Burrell they are the two I picked in my FL team.
 Shani 14 Feb 2015
In reply to Horse:

May made a few mistakes and defence generally was shabby at times. But full credit to Italy.

Now then, O'Brien vs Basteraud!
 Oceanrower 14 Feb 2015
In reply to the sheep:

This is a bit awkward.

From an English point of view, I might have to support France!
 Horse 14 Feb 2015
In reply to Oceanrower:

Support the ref he's English and no doubt will wind up the Irish for some perceived injustice.
 Shani 14 Feb 2015
In reply to Horse:
They'll always find an injustice. Narcissistic self-pity.
Post edited at 17:11
In reply to Horse:

Nonsense he needs to back himself every time. Granted his selection in my side be clouding my judgment!
 Horse 14 Feb 2015
In reply to Pepper:

I can't pick him now, might put a curse on him and he could do with getting a couple more against the Irish.
 coinneach 15 Feb 2015
In reply to coinneach:

> England should thrash Italy at HQ.

> Scotland will fail to lose the "plucky losers" tag.

> Ireland to beat France by a score.

> Love to be wrong on all counts but it's the Six Nations so you never know!

Hhhmmm . . . . If only my fantasy team was as accurate!

Swapped halfpenny for ford as my kicker.
 Horse 15 Feb 2015
In reply to coinneach:

I suffered a bad bout of yellow fever this week. Not sure what happens if one gets upgraded to red.

Scotland's turn to get few favours from the officials.
 balmybaldwin 16 Feb 2015
In reply to Horse:

> I suffered a bad bout of yellow fever this week. Not sure what happens if one gets upgraded to red.

> Scotland's turn to get few favours from the officials.

I've only just watched the wales scotland match, and I have to say the refereeing was atrocious. Several times where yellows should have been given that weren't including 4penalties in the 22 after the welsh had been warned, and it certainly seemed from a neutral point of view that the ref was in a red shirt.

On a side note, I see Russell has been cited for the "tackle" on biggar. I have a real problem with the rules here. Russell was clearly looking to take the catch, and was in position to catch it, and with drew at the last second, yet was penalised and given a yellow, whereas biggar came in to the challenge at speed, in the air and completely out of control leading with his legs up. Acording to this years interpretationa yellow seems the correct decision, but I cant help but think the rule is wrong. The only reason that either player was put in a dangerous position was because biggar came flying in. Shouldnt he be the one penalised, or at the very least incidents seen as 'at your own risk'?

Horse 16 Feb 2015

He should have jumped, trying to back off and then making contact was never going to end well.

Hopefully the officials will wise up to some of the dubious tactics being employed by Wales, not least obstructing the tackler. They did it against England, they were doing it again yesterday. While it was good to see the try from the maul struck off it was a bit disappointing the coloured cards didn't come out for it. Had that been a defender deliberately misbehaving in the "red zone" he would have been sucking oranges for 10 minutes; I can't see why the same doesn't apply to the attacking side. Had the cards come out Wales could have been down to 12 or 13 for most of the last 15 minutes.

Maybe it is time for a coach or two to follow Spud Edwards example and go public with some moaning and whining about it.

In fairness while the officials didn't help matters Scotland lost for more fundamental reasons.

Shani 16 Feb 2015
In reply to Horse:

I made a few quid on a trixie of Eng, Ire and Wal, plus a side bet on the Eng vs Ita game reaching more than 50pts. I'm toying with the Ire vs Eng game but it's so hard to call. Reckon Eng will edge it if it's a slow start, but if Ire start hard, they'll maintain the edge.

With regards to Heaslip, anyone remember him kneeing Offside McCaw in the head several times back in 2010 (McCaw was stuck in a ruck and unable to defend himself)? Karma is a bitch.
 Horse 16 Feb 2015
In reply to Shani:

Sexton is the key to that game, he is the best game manager in rugby. It is going to require yet another huge shift from the England donkeys to keep him on the back foot and playing with crap ball.

Don't think Ireland have shown anywhere near their best yet and I wonder if the high water mark for England was the other Friday. Too close to call but I reckon a home win, I'd keep your money under the bed for that one.

Have a look at the comments after this video youtube.com/watch?v=u32QIRXZwtE& apparently the pantomime villain is the ref, Barnes. See my previous comment regarding "injustice".
 Cú Chullain 17 Feb 2015
In reply to Horse:

I think its the inconsistency of ref decisions and subsequent sanctions which is the problem, Heaslip deserved to get carded for his efforts against the All Blacks, although he gets a straight red for a soft knee to McCaw, Pape gets a yellow for running into a ruck leading with his knee breaking three of Heaslip vertebrae in the process. Going back a bit further Josh Lewsey gets his face stamped on by Ali Williams, ref plays on and he is cleared of any wrongdoing, John Hayes does the same to Ciran Healy and he banned for 6 weeks, BOD gets dropped on his head in a spear tackle, again no action taken, Hogg Gets a straight red for a dangerous tackle last year, Burger gouges Luke Fitzgerald and gets a yellow and 6 weeks ban, Quinlan gouges Leo Cullen and gets a 12 week ban, Neil Best, received an 18-week ban after being found guilty of gouging Haskell ....you get the gist.

Also you know that reading youtube comments is the road to madness!
 Shani 17 Feb 2015
In reply to Cú Chullain:

Inconsistency is definitely a problem, but ref'ing isn't a science and as with Warburton's red card in the RWC, an early shower can ruin what would otherwise be a potentially great event.

There is clearly a judgment to make as to whether 'intent', clumsiness, bad-luck or inexperience came in to play for any cardable action.

As a punter I reckon we should follow the lead of the players on the pitch where convention states we simply stop questioning the ref's decisions; suck it up and move on. Your observation about YouTube comments is bang on the money!

That said, should a decision go against England at the Aviva, I will be on here whining with the best of them.
 Horse 17 Feb 2015
In reply to Shani:

It is inconsistent not least because the officials are humans. I really worry it could end up like football where every one eyed man and his one eyed dog dish out nonsense aided and abetted by TV anchors, like Inverdud, with frame by frame replays from 15 different angles. It should go back to what we learnt as kids playing the game the Ref is the law, decision final.

I don't think the TMO helps and probably hinders because it is based on an assumption that technology can deliver certainty when it cannot. Personally I'd get rid of it and put the ref back in charge and accept the imperfect consequences. If not that then change it to something like exists in cricket to get rid of the real howlers. The Ref alone must make a decision; if one side doesn't like it the captain can have a few appeals per game. If he appeals the TMO has a look (max time 30 seconds) and if he can't decide it goes "Refs call".

For example the Vunipola try on Saturday, the ref says "No try, scrum five". Captain Tackle says "Could you send it upstairs please sir". TMO has a look and the honest answer to that would be "Don't know". Therefore it is "Refs call" no try, scrum five.
Jimbo W 18 Feb 2015
In reply to Horse:

I'd stick with your first suggestion - keep it just as the ref as the law and no TMO. Slow motion replays are all very well, but reality they are not.
 Dr.S at work 18 Feb 2015
In reply to Jimbo W:

Fully agree, most importantly the increasing appeal to technology for perfect calls feeds the concept that the result actually matters.

Its, ultimately, only a sodding game.

Respect for the ref should be a corner stone of Rugby, and should be supported by players on the park, dads in the stand, and, pundits on the telly.
In reply to Cú Chullain:

Not one to start a theory here but one side appears to always come out on positive side of these events....

Keep TMO for grounding of tries and serious foul play, taking out in the air is not serious fp personally, let the ref sort the rest. Thing we have some good officials out there and they should be left alone to get on with it as they see it.

More consistency on bans though, feel to loose on the length. Clarity on basic ban length for an incident and the increments for non-admission, repeat offender, not being an AB, would he useful.

Shani 24 Feb 2015
In reply to the sheep:

Very hard to predict, but my scores on the doors for this week:

Scotland vs Italy - With home advantage, Scotland to do the biz - but it may well be tight!
France vs Wales - With home advantage, the French to click, finally. Also a tight one.
Ireland vs England - Tough call , but I am going to go with England.
OP the sheep 24 Feb 2015
In reply to Shani:

Indeed some tough calls and on the whole I agree;

Scotland vs Italy - If the skirt warers can reduce handling errors in the backs they should be able to take it by a couple of tries near the end when Italy tire and run out of decent players to bring on.

France vs Wales - Depends on which France turn up. However if they start with Para rather than Kockot then hopefuly we will see a better looking French attack. France to take it.

Ireland vs England - Now this one has me scratching my head. The Hype have done well, could have been a bigger margin against Italy and a brilliant comeback agaist the Boyos. The Bogtrotters were taken head on by a powerful french pack who played route 1 pretty much all game but with no joy. England may do better around the fringes with Youngs sniping, however we will need good skills againg from the backs to come out on top. England by a single score, just!
 Horse 24 Feb 2015
In reply to the sheep:

Scotland should have enough to see off Italy.

The Bore fest in Paris should be won by the locals and thus likely put an end to all the guff about a Boyo come back to win the title. No doubt Gatso and his sidekick Spud will have plenty to moan about.

The big one is the World Mauling Championship in Dublin on Sunday, I doubt the locals will be easily bullied and will probably have too much nous for the visitors. Close and existing game but I am expecting another Sexton master class to ultimately be the difference.
 Shani 25 Feb 2015
In reply to Horse & The Sheep:

You guys seen the list of players returned back to their clubs? Lawes, Corbs, Eastmond, Parling. That is some impressive talent to be turning away.

I guess injuries take their toll, but if England win this weekend (and if they go on to lift the 6N), I am not sure how these guys will get back in to the squad - unless of course the current incumbents get injured.
 balmybaldwin 25 Feb 2015
In reply to Shani:

Could still be recalled... might be better for them to be match sharp having played for their clubs (plus it might give them a boot up the backside to up their game)
 Horse 25 Feb 2015
In reply to Shani:

I wouldn't read to much into that, just means they are not the match squad for Sunday. Most have been on the wounded list for a while and really need some game time at club level before coming back to the international side. No doubt they will return to the squad against Scotland and later France.
 Cú Chullain 25 Feb 2015
In reply to Horse:

Mike Brown out.

Ireland by 25+
Gone for good 25 Feb 2015
In reply to Cú Chullain:

> Mike Brown out.

> Ireland by 25+

You've been drinking too much Guinness!
 Horse 25 Feb 2015
In reply to Cú Chullain:

Sextons leg will be falling off if he has to kick that many goals.
Clauso 25 Feb 2015
In reply to Cú Chullain:

England by a million+.
Clauso 25 Feb 2015
In reply to Cú Chullain:

Only kidding... England by ten million+.
 coinneach 25 Feb 2015
In reply to Clauso:

Me and my lad are heading up to Murrayfield on Saturday for our bi annual victory. Russell and Gray out for us but cancelled out by Castrogiovani's weird dog inflicted injury.

Scotland to win
France to shade Wales in Paris
England will win in Dublin by one score

My fantasy team will drop down the table.
 Horse 25 Feb 2015
In reply to coinneach:

Enjoy your day out. I have a ticket for HQ when the Northern Colony come south for a drubbing in a couple of weeks.
 Cú Chullain 26 Feb 2015
In reply to Clauso:

Typical pigdog arrogance......
Clauso 26 Feb 2015
In reply to Cú Chullain:

England by 100 million+... And that's probably being conservative, ya muck savage.
 Horse 27 Feb 2015
In reply to Clauso:

Fantasy team taken a battering, one eaten by a dog, one spending more time with the family and a couple with brain ache. I might have to select a few from the Northern Colony, should see me stuffed.
 Shani 27 Feb 2015
In reply to Horse:

Can we sub? Might have to take a look at mine.
 Horse 27 Feb 2015
In reply to Shani:

You can sub, but having to swap someone out for being chewed by a dog rather than due to my tactical expertise is less than ideal.
Clauso 27 Feb 2015
In reply to Horse:

Cheer up, for Christ's sake!?!... Okay, so your man may have fallen foul of a canine, but it could have been worse; he might have got on the wrong side of a tree?... And everybody knows that bark can be worse than a bite?
 Horse 27 Feb 2015
In reply to Clauso:

I'm not sure that Castro would agree.
Clauso 27 Feb 2015
In reply to Horse:

Yeah, he's probably still feeling a bit woof...
 coinneach 27 Feb 2015
In reply to Horse:

> Fantasy team taken a battering, one eaten by a dog, one spending more time with the family and a couple with brain ache. I might have to select a few from the Northern Colony, should see me stuffed.

I've changed my kicker to one Laidlaw G in the hope that Italy will cough up a few penalties tomorrow.
 Shani 27 Feb 2015
In reply to coinneach:

I see France ponying up plenty of penalties against Wales!
 Horse 27 Feb 2015
In reply to Shani:

I'm relying on that also, a risky policy where the French are concerned.

It has been rather refreshing this week to not have all the hype and hoopla that proceeded the Wales - England game. Proper build up, two teams walk out on Sunday, sing songs, game on and all hell breaks loose.
 balmybaldwin 27 Feb 2015
In reply to Shani:

I dont know, france havent really turned up yet, they might do at the weekend. I have a feeling the welsh might be in for a spanking.
 Shani 27 Feb 2015
In reply to Horse:

> I'm relying on that also, a risky policy where the French are concerned.

> It has been rather refreshing this week to not have all the hype and hoopla that proceeded the Wales - England game. Proper build up, two teams walk out on Sunday, sing songs, game on and all hell breaks loose.

I think uncertainty on the result is keeping a lid on things. Few are prepared to call it. I've got a few quid on a draw at 16/1.
 coinneach 27 Feb 2015

Aye, they're due a performance and either Wales or England might suffer.
 Shani 27 Feb 2015

> I dont know, france havent really turned up yet, they might do at the weekend. I have a feeling the welsh might be in for a spanking.

Yep!
 Horse 27 Feb 2015
In reply to Shani:

Those are good odds for a draw in a game where tries will probably be at more of a premium than usual.

As to France, they have been due a performance for about 5 years. Be a terrible thing to happen tomorrow
 coinneach 28 Feb 2015
In reply to Horse:

I heard an interesting interview on the old wireless recently when John Beattie Snr was on about Scotland now playing more heads up rugby.

He was trying to be discreet but my impression was that Beattie Jnr had told him that under Scott Johnson the team went on to the pitch with no game plan.

That said, if you gave Beattie Jnr a game plan to take on to the pitch he'd probably drop it.
In reply to the sheep:

French actually picking Parra and dropping the big lad from centres, could be on for them. Stilling keeping Leigh though. Hoping for a try fest in Sco v Ita, otherwise I am done for!
 Mike-W-99 28 Feb 2015
In reply to the sheep:

Radio Scotland described this afternoon as -
The most clueless 15 minutes of rugby I have ever seen.
 balmybaldwin 28 Feb 2015
In reply to prog99:
Cracking win for italy. They rqn themselves into the griu d those last ten mins

Cant work out why para isnt kicking
Post edited at 17:44
 coinneach 28 Feb 2015
In reply to prog99:

Truly awful.

Now waiting for our train at Haymarket . . . . . . . . It's going to be a long trip home.
Removed User 28 Feb 2015
In reply to coinneach:

I watched it in Berts, sympathy. It was pretty good until the last minute.
 Shani 28 Feb 2015
I'm getting out of the prediction business!
 balmybaldwin 01 Mar 2015
In reply to the sheep:

Oh dear god this is desperate from england
 Horse 01 Mar 2015

Ill discipline cost and Ireland made England pay. Fully deserved win by the better side.
 Shani 01 Mar 2015
In reply to Horse:

Ireland very good in the air. Schmidt utilising GA skills very well. Passion and intensity from the start from Ireland. Very good victory and well deserved.
Clauso 01 Mar 2015
In reply to Shani:

Typical arrogant pigdog congratulations...
 coinneach 01 Mar 2015
In reply to coinneach:

> Me and my lad are heading up to Murrayfield on Saturday for our bi annual victory. Russell and Gray out for us but cancelled out by Castrogiovani's weird dog inflicted injury.

> Scotland to win

> France to shade Wales in Paris

> England will win in Dublin by one score

> My fantasy team will drop down the table.

One out of four

Bollox!

Shani 01 Mar 2015
Today's Irish Times on the evident GAA skills:

Mikey Ned O’Sullivan, one of Kerry’s revered footballers from the 1970s, was interviewed by The Times of London this week.

“Unless you have started early it is very hard to,” said O’Sullivan.

By this he means catch up, with Ireland’s high fielding. Point being the GAA fundamentals learned as boys by Henshaw, Rob Kearney, Tommy Bowe and Simon Zebo gives Ireland a crucial advantage over every opponent besides the Wallabies who have their Aussie Rules.

Cú Chullain 01 Mar 2015
A victory for commen sense! ;-p
OP the sheep 02 Mar 2015
In reply to Cú Chullain:

England were comprehensively dissected by a very clinical Irish side. Fair play to them, a well-earned victory.
 Shani 02 Mar 2015
In reply to the sheep:
Gatland will be sniffing redemption in the Wal vs Ire fixture. I can't wait for that. I think England will be looking for some redemption against Scotland as well.

The Six Nations is brewing nicely....
Post edited at 13:12
OP the sheep 02 Mar 2015
In reply to Shani:

I cant honestly see Wales doing a number on Ireland. The Welsh play has been far too one dimensionmal with no ability to change gameplan. The bogtrotters can out think and out play them. Scotland to take pasting from a well p1ssed off England team
 Shani 02 Mar 2015
In reply to the sheep:

I'm actually a bit worried that Engand had no Plan B. They simply couldn't adapt. Not sure if we are missing the likes of Corbs and Parling - experienced guys who could steady the ship/chariot a little. It was trouibling that we were bullied in the scrum!
 Postmanpat 02 Mar 2015
In reply to Shani:
> I'm actually a bit worried that Engand had no Plan B. They simply couldn't adapt. Not sure if we are missing the likes of Corbs and Parling - experienced guys who could steady the ship/chariot a little. It was trouibling that we were bullied in the scrum!

You can only have a plan B if you can get the ball! Ireland more than held there own in the set pieces and then didn't give the ball away. England just made more little errors and bad decisions. From England's point of view it would be nice to say that there problem was in the midfield or X or Y. It wasn't. The Irish were just better in lots of little ways that added up to a lot.
I'd agree that England's big hope is that some of their injured:egCorbs, Lawes, Launchbury Parling can make the difference.

Oh, and whilst on the subject, Eddie Butler remains about the most useless commentator on any sport on TV. Apparently barely noticed that England were being outplayed from the first minute and as usual missed key details eg. that Croft had been on the pitch for five minutes.
Post edited at 17:32
 Shani 02 Mar 2015
In reply to Postmanpat:

Plan B right there: "Get the ball!"
 BnB 02 Mar 2015
In reply to Postmanpat:

A good assessment. Ireland kicked with such height that the chasers were able to wreak havoc, England just kicked possession away. I could live with that, but at the breakdown Ireland gave England's usually competitive pack a real beasting. There was no mongrel in our play to coin a phrase. I lost count of the number of times an Irish front rower came through the ruck to hamper Young just as he was about to release the ball. And turnovers. Did England win a single turnover all match? Ireland seems to gain one every few minutes. Scotland will be targeting this weakness for sure. Very disappointing display but credit to Ireland who were outstanding and I hope they go on to win the Grand Slam. Please, please don't let Warrenball triumph in Cardiff over them.
Jimbo W 03 Mar 2015
In reply to Shani:
> (In reply to Postmanpat)
>
> Plan B right there: "Get the ball!"

Or at the very least don't kick the ball away in the same manner to the same targets every time when you have a 0% retrieval rate!
 Shani 03 Mar 2015
In reply to Jimbo W:

> Or at the very least don't kick the ball away in the same manner to the same targets every time when you have a 0% retrieval rate!

Yep!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...