UKC

Tenerife - Short, Easy Sport Climbs 6b and Below

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 eltankos 27 Jan 2015
Hi everyone,
Looking for the collective wisdom on Tenerife, heading out on a family holiday in early March, and hoping to get a bit of climbing in. I have a 30m rope I've used indoors, is there anything short and easy there that I can use that for. If not, I'll definitely hire a pad and go bouldering, or maybe even buy a longer rope, that I'll get the use of in the UK evntually anyway. Any advice appreciated, also, best company for hire cars?
 Goodsparks 27 Jan 2015
In reply to eltankos:

30m isn't going to get you far, I took two 60m this weekend for our group and that covered most of the stuff at Arico, however some of the easier new routes (put up in the last couple of months} at Borrador Tamadaya need at least 70 metres. Pop in to Roxtore and speak to the guys for some recommendations... oh, and helmets are advisable on the newer routes as four of us nearly got wiped out by a feckin great boulder...
OP eltankos 27 Jan 2015
In reply to Goodsparks:

Cheers, just don't want to take my 30m if it's going to be pointless and I'm just going to have to buy a longer rope there and have a double weight penalty on the flight home.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...