UKC

Anyone been to Palau?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 GarethSL 27 Jan 2015
So the misses likes fishy things n' shit, along with the associated underwater antics such as this diving lark.

We're planning a trip to Palau (also because I desperately need some real sun) for October/November, that will involve kayaking, diving, climbing and camping.

This is a blatant cry for help cause I know absolutely jack all about the southern hemisphere.

If anyone has been there and can offer any advice, tips or information at all I would be very grateful
In reply to GrendeI:

I was there in November on a diving trip. There are a couple of world class dive sites, Blue Corner and Peleliu Express and plenty of other very good sites. A lot of Japanese and other Asian divers - it's busy.. Reefs are in excellent condition and plenty of sharks, turtles etc.
Kayaking and camping on deserted islands looks great. You can rent kayaks easily No idea about climbing.
Its expensive to get there and a long way from anywhere. Hotels and food are expensive as well.
I stayed on Peleliu Island at Dolphin Bay resort. Rather basic but much closer to the good dive sites than being based on Koror which are an hour boat trip each way every day. A few days on that island is enough tho. Very quiet.
HTH

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...