UKC

Karrimor Elite Phantom eVent jacket

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 ross83 29 Jan 2015
Has anyone got a Karrimor Elite Phantom eVent jacket? I'm think of buying one but not sure how good it will be. The main factors that appeal to me are the price (£120) and that it has a large hood for going over my helmet.
 SteveoS 29 Jan 2015
In reply to ross83:

The eVent will be exactly the same as in any other eVent jacket! Karrimor do make some good kit. Are the seams taped? Do the pockets looked like they're stitched on well?

Just look after it, keep an eye on the bits that may fail and catch problems early if you're really concerned.
 Si_G 29 Jan 2015
In reply to SteveoS:

I bought a Karrimor Elite Alpiniste from Sports Direct, and the jacket was great for the price. Downsides were the fabric is stiff, and some sections are glued, not stitched. One of these failed on the first serious outing, and customer services were outright hostile.
I repaired it myself, but any major purchases will be "proper" brands from now on.
Sports Pursuit have Arcteryx for the same money just now.
 Andypeak 29 Jan 2015
In reply to SiGregory:

got the Phantom jacket at the start of the year when they had an extra 20% off, think it was £96 and I am VERY impressed. Seems well made, fits well, a joy to wear. Probably the best jacket I have ever owned but I have never owned any of the top brands/models.
 dsgarner 30 Jan 2015
In reply to ross83:

Yep, I picked it up when they had a massive sale on, got it for less than £100, at that price it was hard to ignore. It was very similar to the Rab jacket, it had the same cut, all zips, logos etc were in exactly the same position, the only thing that was different was the colour and the badge!

I haven't had a problem with it (kept me dry during a storm in the Alps last summer). It is probably the best value jacket I have every bought.
OP ross83 30 Jan 2015
In reply to ross83:

Thanks for the help

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...