UKC

Langdale road conditions (and others)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Red Rover 29 Jan 2015
What are the roads likly to be like in the lakes this weekend? We have a car that wont do well with any snow is Langdale likely to be accessible? I thought it would be a good bet as its a low road, is there anywhere else thats a safe bet?

Cheers
 Jon Wickham 29 Jan 2015
In reply to Red Rover:

Sorry, not sure about Langdale, but just found this site: http://www.cumbriacc.gov.uk/roads-transport/WeatherStations/default.asp with weather stations and webcams in Cumbria. The Kirkstone Pass one looks very useful.
 goose299 29 Jan 2015
In reply to Jon Wickham:
It's a bus route so should gritted.
Message MFB from here. He runs the NT campsite at the top of the valley do will give you the most up to date info
Post edited at 21:54
 John Kelly 29 Jan 2015
In reply to Red Rover:

just got back to Langdale, road is fine from Kendal, its not quite freezing

that cumbria road cam looks handy
OP Red Rover 29 Jan 2015
In reply to Jon Wickham:

What good walks and scrambles can you do from a main road? I'm guessing blencathra and the catbells horseshoe from Keswick is there much else?
 Jon Wickham 29 Jan 2015
In reply to Red Rover:
I've found Cat Bells tricky to get to in snow in the past but Blencathra is dead easy. Helvellyn from either side should be fine as well. Bear in mind that scrambles may now be winter climbs and walks may also need crampons and axes. Sorry if I'm pointing out the obvious!
OP Red Rover 30 Jan 2015
In reply to Red Rover:

No problem, I'm looking for winter walking with options of climbing of grade 1 depending on how windy it is. We just have a car that wont cope with any snow.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...