UKC

TMB Summits

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 mypyrex 31 Jan 2015
Could anyone please tell me if there are any "walkable" summits within easy reach of the Tour du Mont Blanc. I'm thinking of doing the Tour this summer and just wondered if there were any non-technical summits that could be done. I know the tour itself takes in Le Brevent but wondered if there were any others that could be done.

Thanks.
 jon 31 Jan 2015
In reply to mypyrex:
Yes, lots: Tête Nord des Fours, Mont Fortin, Mont Chetif, Tête Entre Deux Sauts, Tête de Ferret, Pointe Ronde, Croix de Fer. A few more if you look for them...
Post edited at 17:51
 Roadrunner2 03 Feb 2015
In reply to mypyrex:

There are plenty, most are more just shoulders than actual peaks really..

Does the tour take in Le Brevent? I never knew that the race cuts it out.. I thought it ran underneath?

Tete de ferret is a nice view point..

I think all the peaks it passes are fairly untechnical. I wouldn't plan too much, have a map and see how you feel during each day, they are just spurs of the trail so I've only hiked Courmayer to Cham so did a few then, but just the obvious spurs off the main path.. then did the race but that's not strictly just the TMB.
 Ian.Hogg 04 Feb 2015
In reply to mypyrex:

You could do a 1 or 2 day detour over Mont Buet 3096 meters , via the Emmossen Lakes, after passing via Col Forclaz, if you are going anti clockwise round the TMB.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...