UKC

NICAS AND UKC Logbooks

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Major Monkey 31 Jan 2015
Hi
I've just joined UKC and currently taking several climbing courses. Starting with the NICAS. Have achieved near as damn it up to level 4 and hopefully be able to complete level 5 soon as(is within my capabilities). Looking at using this information to back my CWA and CWLA courses if possible.

Just wanted to ask if there is an option to update my UKC logbook with my NICAS records and if not why not?

Have been trying to update the crag database but seeing as all the climbs are/where at an indoor wall and them being on artificial walls/crags found the drop down lists limiting.

Don't really want to step out of line and will apologise now for wasting the editors time.

Thanks in advance for any advice...please don't flame me as I don't really have a clue.
In reply to Major Monkey:

I am not 100% sure what you want to log but we did create this 'crag' with a view to logging indoor ascents

Indoor Climbing Wall

Will that work?

Alan
Major Monkey 31 Jan 2015
In reply to Alan James - Rockfax:

Brilliant thats great thanks.

Is there any chance you can include climbing venues also, maybe? Or would that be too much to ask?
What I am trying to do is simply transfer my NICAS climbing records to my UKC logbook, with the intention of using the data to forward for my CWA etc Its all signed off by professional instructors. The format of the NICAS records are date, venue/climb number, Grade, Top rope/Lead, Belay and climbing partner/comments.

Thanks for your advice and the speedy reply

> Is there any chance you can include climbing venues also, maybe? Or would that be too much to ask?

The only way to include the venues would be to create a separate logbook listing for every climbing wall in the country. That is quite a chunk of work I'm afraid.

It might be better to just include it ion your own notes.

Alan

You could try http://www.trackyourclimb.com it does a pretty good job of tracking indoor climbing, UKC logbooks are better for outdoor. It won't help for NICAS records but people tend to lose interest in NICAS.
 Larey 01 Feb 2015

If your using it to back up your CWA im assuming have registered for the CWA award with your relevant MLT board?
If not, that would be a good starting block as you can use the MLTE Digital Logbook on the MLTE website that they provide for you to log all of the climbs, walks etc for all of your future qualifications.
Its a bit of faff but relevant to your CWA/CWLA qualifications.
Major Monkey 01 Feb 2015

I hear you Alan. Thanks for the link Tom i'll look into that and thanks Larey.

Thankyou all for your help and advice, much appreciated.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...