UKC

Good Youth Hostel in the Lakes

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Jon Stewart 31 Jan 2015
As a kid I used to always stay in YHAs in the Lakes, but I haven't been to one in years.

Does anyone have a favourite? I'm going in a week or so for just for a couple of nights. Not fussed which area of the Lakes, would be led by a particularly friendly or cosy hostel.

Cheers for any recommendations.

Jon
 John Kelly 31 Jan 2015
In reply to Jon Stewart:

Hawkshead has good rep.
In reply to Jon Stewart:

Borrowdale is very nice by hostel standards. Almost luxurious in fact.
 lanky and weak 01 Feb 2015
In reply to Jon Stewart:

Eskdale in Western Lakes, good hostel, very good food, 2 minutes walk from the Woolpack Inn and lots of Ale on tap.

Good access to the hills and crags too!
In reply to Rylstone_Cowboy:

> Borrowdale is very nice by hostel standards. Almost luxurious in fact.

If you mean Derwentwater, then the OP might like to know it is now an independant hostel as the YHA flogged it off.

Clauso 01 Feb 2015
In reply to Ghastly Rubberfeet:

> If you mean Derwentwater, then the OP might like to know it is now an independant hostel as the YHA flogged it off.

Yes, Derwentwater Independent Hostel is great too, but there is also the Borrowdale YHA, further down the valley, near Rosthwaite.

On the outskirts of the Lakes, I was very impressed with Arnside YHA recently.
OP Jon Stewart 01 Feb 2015
In reply to all:

Thanks all. Will probably go for either Borrowdale or maybe Buttermere. Pub handy also a priority.
In reply to Ghastly Rubberfeet:

> If you mean Derwentwater, then the OP might like to know it is now an independant hostel as the YHA flogged it off.

No, I meant the Borrowdale one further down the valley.
pasbury 02 Feb 2015
In reply to lanky and weak:

I second this - the hostel is excellent and comfortable. The Woolpack however is not what it used to be and has gone a bit metropolitan.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...