UKC

Beinn an Dothaidh - NE Corrie - Taxus - Conditions

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Swampi 01 Feb 2015

A beautifully clear day on the hills with a handful of teams out in the corrie. Taxus was a mixture of solid ice / neve or cruddy / hollow crap - depending on where you put your pointy bits. I guess it needs more time to come into prime condition.

More of the same for the icefall finish, where you could hear the melt running under it by the middle of the day. Hope that helps...
Post edited at 18:52
 martianb 01 Feb 2015
In reply to Swampi:

Similar to reports from the Orchy area last week. I was hoping the thaw and refreeze would have improved things a bit. Good info though.... thanks
In reply to martianb:

Same on Udlaidh today. Not bad, still worth a visit.
 martianb 01 Feb 2015
In reply to tallpaulselfridge:

Out of interest what did you get done on Beinn Udlaidh? I'm looking at heading up in the next few days
 boyson 01 Feb 2015
In reply to Swampi:

Bit lower than your usual grade (VII) mate! Sure venue choice didnt have anything to do with the Bridge of Orchy hotel. Haha.
In reply to martianb:

Did west and sunshine gullys. Sunshine was the better of the two with excellent water ice on top pitch. West gully still good but you could hear some water running down the back of the ice. If it stays cold it will still be good
 JamesRoddie 04 Feb 2015
In reply to Swampi:

Taxus was in pretty good shape today and gave an enjoyable climb. The bottom ice step has a few holes in but the majority of the route is on good neve with some areas of crusty looser stuff.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...