UKC

OMM Bike Autumn > searching for tips and advice

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
G0rdrilla 02 Feb 2015
Good morning all,

A friend and I are going to be entering the OMM Bike Autumn this year. Although we are seasoned mountain bikers and competant with navigation/map and compass skills, we haven't done anything like this before.

I'm hoping that if there are any OMM Bike/Polaris or similar veterans out there, you could share some advice, tips and knowledge for preparing and completing the OMM Bike event?

We do go camping regularly too so do have some lightish kit we are planning to use (OMM 32L pack, Lowe Alpine Contour Event 35L pack, balloon beds, 900g Lynch downfill 3 season seeping bags and Alpkit stove/mugs) and current tent options are either a Lichfield Treklite 200 or Vango Ultralite 200.

I'm also planning to make up some rotating map boards for our bikes from blank plastic vehicle number plates from my workplace with clip on Silva compasses.

Cheers!
 Tricky Dicky 02 Feb 2015
In reply to G0rdrilla:

Why not try some trailquest / trailtrax events beforehand so that you can hone your technique http://www.gorrick.com/trailtrax/index.php
G0rdrilla 04 Feb 2015
In reply to Tricky Dicky:

Thanks for that idea. Do you know if there are similar events around North Wales/Lancashire/Lake District? I live near Manchester so these Trailquest events are a bit of a long slog in the car!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...