UKC

Crampon mix matches

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Flett 02 Feb 2015
Does anyone else have Grivel Narrow Front Bail Bars on there Petzl Sarkens? I wear them on my Nepal Evos and find them alot better fit than the Petzl or Black Diamond front bails.

Any feedback or slagging off would be magic.
 GarethSL 02 Feb 2015
In reply to flett53:

I just fitted Petzl bails to my stingers as the fit on Scarpa Jorasses wasn't great, the rumour being the Petzl bails are narrower.

No real difference noticed and they are pretty comparable in shape and size to the original BD bails, but do make the stingers fit closer to the sole. I do also like the way they have no strap attachment at the toe and they seem to work just fine.

Tempted now to check out the grivel option. Word is that BD do a narrow bail, but these are supposed to come as standard on the Stingers...
OP Flett 02 Feb 2015
In reply to GarethSL:

I find the Black Diamond bails Impossible to remove unless you are Jeff Capes, Although The fit on the Sabertooths are not to bad on my Boots
 GarethSL 02 Feb 2015
In reply to flett53:

Wrap a sling around the bail, line it up for removal, put the crampon sideways on the floor, stand on the centre bar and pull said sling.
 top cat 02 Feb 2015
In reply to flett53:

Nearly all my crampons are mix n match. It can really make a difference to the fit. Most common is switching heel bails as Grivel and BD pull at a different angle.. BD toe bails are the only ones to fit NTN boots to my satisfaction.

I have one pair that are Cassin, BD, Petzl and Grivel!

I really don't like the Grivel toe bail with the curly bits, though still have one pair with these. Must get rid of them!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...