UKC

Nottingham hotels & restaurants - Valentines

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 rockwing 02 Feb 2015
Any suggestions for a hotel and restaurant to go to in Nottingham on Valentines night, near-ish the city centre? I'm training in the mob and don't have much time to research and Nottingham is going to be be easiest place for me and the missus to meet up.

Would like a restaurant that will be quite cosy (not Indian or anything too bulky) and a nice chilled hotel that will do brekkie in bed.

Much appreciated for any helpful responses.
 SuperstarDJ 02 Feb 2015
In reply to lewismansell:

Harts.

http://www.hartsnottingham.co.uk

It's the best hotel in the city centre with a very well regarded restaurant. Not sure how booked up it'll be and it won't be cheap.

Failing that, Fothergills is a nice restaurant and is close to all the main hotels on Maid Marion way. Or maybe 'Cast', the restaurant at Nottingham Playhouse. World Service is also well regarded but pricey.

LĂȘ Bistrot Pierre on Milton Street is nice.
 Jenny Monkey 03 Feb 2015

Pelican Club is very chilled and a great Valentines venue within the lace market with various hotels around.
In reply to SuperstarDJ:

Nah. Went there a few weeks ago. Its not as good as it used to be.

World service just down the road is much better.

If you want experimental, go for Sat Bains which is very nice but hideously expensive.

I'll doubt you'll find many places now though for valentines. You have to book well in advance.
 toad 03 Feb 2015
In reply to Jenny Monkey:

Yes, I've only been in once early doors but I was quite impressed with the pelican club.

I have a soft spot for French Living. Off kings/queens st and a proper French bistro. Certainly cosy. Harts is one of the few places with accommodation but I'm sure it's booked up by now. Don't really know hotels I'm afraid
 SuperstarDJ 03 Feb 2015
In reply to toad:

I really like the Pelican Club for cocktails, music and ambience but I've heard mixed reviews about the food.

French Living is a good call.

If everywhere is booked up, Kayal on Broadstreet is a south Indian curry place, nice atmosphere, with an unusual menu. It might be be free on the 14th.
 toad 03 Feb 2015
In reply to SuperstarDJ:

Iberico is good - tapas, but again almost certainly booked up. West Bridgford is maybe worth a punt - slightly out of town, but loads of buses from right outside the station or maybe a cab and 3 or 4 nice eateries. Try Escabeche (more tapas)
 winhill 03 Feb 2015

Petit Paris is another French place worth a look, nicely tucked away but central.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...