UKC

Winter Wonderland in Kerry

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 goatee 02 Feb 2015
I set off from home this morning to try and get a blast of winter air into my lungs and hopefully find nice weather and conditions. It was with some disappointment I emerged into a dull dreary morning with sleety snow falling. Bang goes my hopes of a sunkist walk on the Reeks ridge. Things didn't improve by the time I left the car and I set off on my walk. Well my perseverance paid off as by the time I was two thirds up Carrauntoohil I was suddenly looking at blue sky and snow covered mountains. What a bonus. https://draft.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=892833285946431240#editor/target...
OP goatee 03 Feb 2015
Lusk 03 Feb 2015
In reply to goatee:

The 2nd to last picture is great!
 Pete Houghton 03 Feb 2015
In reply to goatee:

I was wondering about the first link, thanks for fixing it. Though based in Chamonix, my girlfriend is Irish and I'm always on the lookout for new things to do when we are over there, so cheers for adding to the list of ideas for the future! I'd love to spend more time down in Kerry, it looks stunning.
Clauso 03 Feb 2015
In reply to goatee:

Good stuff... Seems that they have a cross on the summit, too?
 Welsh Kate 03 Feb 2015
In reply to goatee:

Thanks for posting! Yep, that penultimate one is brilliant!

Love the one of Coomasaharn too, I used to spend a fortnight each summer just outside Glenbeigh with a panoramic view of those hills!
OP goatee 03 Feb 2015
In reply to Welsh Kate:

Cheers Kate. Funnily enough its a spot I seldom visit. I went last summer for a two day walk there and it was gorgeous. Here's that story....http://howlingmist.blogspot.ie/2014/06/a-two-day-special-big-walk-in-kerry....
 Welsh Kate 03 Feb 2015
In reply to goatee:

Lovely write-up of that overnighter, gave me a great longing to go back there (last time was in 2012, after which my mum got too fragile to travel). I think I'll be spending a few evenings reading through your Munster wanderings!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...