UKC

Alpujarras in May

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Paul Clarke 04 Feb 2015
Any good hotel accommodation suggestions?
Thanks in advance.

Paul
 drolex 04 Feb 2015
In reply to Paul Clarke:

I used to stay in Grenada and drive or take the bus to Orgiva. While the city is wonderful, it seemed that regarding hotels you had to pick only two among the three following virtues: quiet, cheap, clean (and cheap was not really cheap anyway).

Quite a useless advice I'm afraid.

L.A. 04 Feb 2015
In reply to Paul Clarke: Alpujarras covers an awful lot of villages. The rough guide to Andalusia is a starting point.
In Capileira try the Hotel Rural Poqueira II Run by some lovely twins (lovely in the sense of nice people-Theyre old guys Its reasonably priced, spotlessly clean and has a swimming pool (unheated) Be a little wary in Cascapenas bar, it can be lively at weekends and has good pizzas and has more atmosphere than other bars, but they have a tendency to add an extra drink or two to your bill (well they have on 3 occasions over the years with me ) Also worth finding during the day is La Alacena down the sidestreets to try the Raciones Interesting little bodega.
In Trevelez Ive always found the hotels in the lower barrio to be easy for accom. but a bit soul-less. It always seems difficult to find places to eat in Trevelez but La Fragua in the upper barrio is good, maybe best to reserve a table as its popular with groups

OP Paul Clarke 04 Feb 2015
In reply to Paul Clarke:
Thanks for the advice

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...