UKC

Fancy spending £500 for a night on a portaledge?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Denni 04 Feb 2015
abseil 04 Feb 2015
abseil 04 Feb 2015
In reply to Denni:

> A "high altitude hotel room" apparently.....

To be honest that looks like one of the worst business startups in history. Thanks for posting anyway.
 Ramblin dave 04 Feb 2015
In reply to abseil:

> To be honest that looks like one of the worst business startups in history.

Why?

If you've got a bit of spare cash and want an experience that's not like anything else that you're ever likely to do then I can see the attraction of a night dangling off a cliff. It might seem odd from a climbers' perspective, but then so does abseiling for its own sake, and people seem to do okay from running that as an "experience".
abseil 04 Feb 2015
In reply to Ramblin dave:

> Why?... If you've got a bit of spare cash and want an experience that's not like anything else...

OK, let's see, time will tell!
In reply to Denni:

This would probably work better in a country that doesn't have a default weather setting of RAIN.
 rj_townsend 04 Feb 2015
In reply to abseil:

> To be honest that looks like one of the worst business startups in history. Thanks for posting anyway.

Why? Low setup costs - within a few of nights they'll have broken-even and become profitable. They've already generated publicity for their business - we're talking about it here.
 Ramblin dave 04 Feb 2015
In reply to rj_townsend:

> Why? Low setup costs - within a few of nights they'll have broken-even and become profitable. They've already generated publicity for their business - we're talking about it here.

Also, they seem to be an established guiding company, so it's more of an extra string to their bow than a business startup. If no-one goes for it then they can just carry on doing introductory climbing courses or whatever.
 Pewtle 04 Feb 2015
In reply to Denni:

£500 feels a bit like they have priced themselves out of a large market of casual outdoors folk to me...You can buy a BD double portaledge for only an extra £50 or so!
 lithos 04 Feb 2015
In reply to Ramblin dave:

exactly, will and sam are busy already, nother string and unique.

i reckon it's a top idea to add as an option. I reckon could be money maker from 'team building executive' type things but should put the price up a bit!
 Run_Ross_Run 04 Feb 2015
In reply to Denni:

Before i clicked on the link i though you were on about this https://www.airbnb.co.uk/rooms/4596095?af=14383374&c=fb_gb_nacourch_bra...

Not something i would be that interested in doing.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...