UKC

Lost ice axe, Lowther hills

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 colinakmc 04 Feb 2015
Axe dropped off back of rucksack somewhere on the Lowthers. Could've left in the car too! If found please email, I can collect in the central belt or see about carriage options. Thanks.
 Padraig 04 Feb 2015
In reply to colinakmc:

Was it in the car? If not, I'll be in Lowthers next w/e & will keep a look out.
Jim C 05 Feb 2015
In reply to colinakmc:
I had that problem before years back Colin, and I lost an axe off my sack , and of course It was just the way I had attached it.

I was shown how to attach it, if it comes loose from the upper attachment and falls , it could only ever just hang from the sack loop, and it is just not possible for it to come off without me withrawing it upwards from the loop.

(But I still vibro etch my phone number on it anyway, in case I leave it a car park or a summit, and trust the honesty of the finder)

Worth sharing, even if it is like TYGTSE.
youtube.com/watch?v=leRgGYWEL-c&

Hope you get it ok.
Post edited at 00:11
OP colinakmc 05 Feb 2015
In reply to colinakmc:
It was indeed on the sac, not in the car. Just that I was never close to needing it all day. I'd be grateful Padraig.

The annoying thing was it was one of my mates that attached the axe for me, and my mistake was in not checking his work!
Post edited at 07:47
 Siward 05 Feb 2015
In reply to Jim C:

> I had that problem before years back Colin, and I lost an axe off my sack , and of course It was just the way I had attached it.

I had that problem before years back too, and I lost a bike off my car, and of course it was just the way I attached it.

I literally (using the word correctly for once) couldn't believe my eyes when I got out of the car! Ice axes are no different it seems...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...