UKC

Ben lawyers car park road

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 buzby 06 Feb 2015
Thinking of taking a wander out to the Tarmachan ridge this Monday, anyone know what the access road from the main road up to the ben lawyers car park is like a the moment.
having nearly wrecked my old car there a few years ago and being the driver of an Audi automatic I don't fancy my chances if its at all dodgy. anyone been up lately or going up this weekend id be grateful for any info re snow on the road.
thanks.
In reply to buzby:

Icy as **** on Wednesday. Best to leave it at the first parking space (which we didn't).

Of course will be different now.
 RichieB 06 Feb 2015
In reply to buzby:

Don't know about the road, but I've heard the parking fees are 300 quid an hour.
 UKH Forums 06 Feb 2015
This thread was started in the OFF BELAY forum and has now been moved.
Please could you try and post in the correct forum, it makes life easier for both users and moderators.

HILLTALK
A general forum for topics relating to hillwalking. Discuss walks you have been on, great scrambles, the best ridges, Munro-bagging and longer multi-day walks.

More Forum descriptions - http://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/info/forums.html
 paulpitcher 06 Feb 2015
In reply to buzby:

I'd bank on the road being not usable at all without chains, and even they wont get you to the car park.
OP buzby 06 Feb 2015
In reply to paulpitcher:

cheers folks, might make other plans, first day out for a long while after illness and don't know if I fancy the slog all the way from the road. last time my car ended up across the road with both bumpers stuck on the high banking's. don't fancy a repeat of that.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...