UKC

easy single pitch climbing around Hereford/Shewsbury area

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 timmyhobby 06 Feb 2015
I am driving from Brighton to mid Wales next week and would like to go via some climbing. looking for somewhere that has easy single pitch climbs for my girlfriend to improve her leading on as she has done loads of seconding me but only lead a handful of routes, preferably somewhere that has easy access to get from the bottom to the top of? don't mind driving an hour or so out of the way?
 Bulls Crack 06 Feb 2015
In reply to timmyhobby:

On the way tricky I'd say!

Alternatively just get there and go to Pontesford rocks? Or if you can climb on other days go further afield - N Wales just up the A5
 The Ivanator 07 Feb 2015
In reply to timmyhobby:

Symonds Yat? Paths there could be horrible and the easy single pitch routes tend to be polished and unmemorable. It is real rock however, and probably a feasible detour.
Snoozin' Suzie is worthwhile at VD (but multipitch), Golden Fleece is a decent well protected Severe (via left finish, HS for the direct). Lots of short, polished, easy grade routes in the introductory rocks area.
 paulpitcher 07 Feb 2015
In reply to The Ivanator:

Around Shrewsbury you've got Grinshill, which is sandstone & quite easy. Google map the small town of Clive and walk 30mins to the top of the hill - the crags are just off the summit.
Also Nesscliffe, but you've got one HVS, one E1 then its all mega hard.
Next closest is Trevor rocks, Llangollen.
In reply to timmyhobby:

Pontesford Rocks

Haven't been there for years, but easy angled, grippy rock, idyllic setting a few good routes.

http://www.ukclimbing.com/logbook/crag.php?id=1062

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...