UKC

Conditions on Beinn an Dothaidh

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Hello all!

Looking to do a route on Beinn an Dothaidh on Sunday (potentially) does anyone know anything about the conditions up there at the moment? If anyone is heading up there tomorrow (Saturday) some updated information would be especially excellent.

Thanks!
 JamesRoddie 06 Feb 2015
In reply to LibS:

Was up there on wednesday and did Taxus which was in pretty good shape. Lots of the mixed routes looked very good too though it has got warmer since then.
Photos here from wednesday, though like I say things will probably be a little different now.
http://glencoemountaineer.blogspot.com/2015/02/taxus.html
 johnkeith 06 Feb 2015
In reply to LibS:

I did West Buttress today and it was in pretty good condition - maybe slightly poor build up making it feel hard for a 111- but all well frozen. Got back to the car around 5.30 and the ground seemed well frozen all the way down. There was a party on Taxus Icefall Finish which looked good. Thought Cirrus looked pretty thin compared to when I did it a few years ago.

John
 joe.91 07 Feb 2015
In reply to LibS:

I was on the other side and bailed of Fahrenheit 451, the rising temperature has destroyed the ice sorry to say but I wouldn't head back tomorrow!
In reply to joe.91:

Do you think the mixed routes might be ok?
 joe.91 07 Feb 2015
In reply to Natalie feather:

Spoke to some chaps that went to have a look, they came down as found the turf to be a little wet and the rock is rather black.
In reply to joe.91:

Thanks for the info
 jaggy bunnet 08 Feb 2015
In reply to LibS:

Went up today, only 2 other teams to my knowledge in the whole coire. They were on taxus,we did Cirrus which was in good nick. Ice pitches were stepped out a bit so its seen some traffic. Turf and neve good..approaches are soft with temps gradually rising all day. Started walk in with fine weather but clagged in for the rest of the day so couldn't tell condition of other routes.
 euanw 09 Feb 2015
In reply to LibS:

I climbed Taxus today. The route was in condition but could really do with a refreeze. The ice on the first step is vanishing rapidly. There are a few photos on the climbnow facebook page.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...