UKC

Adhesive foam, headlight to helmet attachment

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 GarethSL 09 Feb 2015
Does anyone have a reccomendations/hints/tips for using double-sided foam to attach a headlight and battery pack to a helmet?

Was thinking standard 3M double sided adhesive foam...
http://s1242.photobucket.com/user/Artfond/media/3M1_zpsbeffe04a.jpg.html

I'm assuming the foam is adhesive enough (like that used for go pros etc) as I'm not too keen on drilling holes
 LastBoyScout 09 Feb 2015
In reply to GarethSL:
Personally, I'd go for velcro straps through the vents, but you don't say what helmet you're talking about.
Post edited at 16:11
OP GarethSL 09 Feb 2015
In reply to LastBoyScout:

Haven't decided on helmet yet, probably new half dome or elios. Or any hybrid with an abs shell and eps lining.

I have an led lenser headlight with battery pack that are removable from the headband and mounts by clips. I want to attach the mounts to the helmet so I can simply clip the headlight on and off as required.
 kingborris 09 Feb 2015
In reply to GarethSL:

Sugru?
 climber david 09 Feb 2015
In reply to GarethSL:

3M double sided foam tape should be pretty strong. Maybe try to clamp it for 24 hours if your planning on keeping it on there forever

David
 crustypunkuk 09 Feb 2015
In reply to GarethSL:

I've got a new (old stock) grivel headlamp to helmet attachment strap thingy that you can have for the cost of postage if it's any use? Dunno if it only works with specific lamps or helmets tbh, but your welcome to it if you want it.
 Otis 10 Feb 2015
In reply to GarethSL:
You can buy the double sided foam used for gopro mounts in sheets off eBay-search for 3m vhb (very high bond).

Beware though-it sticks anything to anything. Probably best to class is as permanent when out in the field, although I believe you can use heat (eg a hairdryer) to de-bond it.

Mike.
 thedatastream 10 Feb 2015
In reply to GarethSL:

Sugru and 3M VHB are supreme bodging tools!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...