UKC

New TV programme pitch

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 JJL 10 Feb 2015
Oh well. Despite the chappie on Radio 4 the other week saying that the BBC was actively searching for new entertainment and education programme ideas, their website very sternly informs me that they're not, because I'd have "simply no conception of how complicated the production process is". Or words to that effect (I can hear the luvvy voice).

So let me pitch you instead.

A weekly programme where each week an animal is chosen and then processed to its end products.

For example, a horse would become a hair-filled cushion, some bone china, glue and a window display in a french butcher's.

Or a cat would become a squash racket, a takeaway and maybe a nice pair of gloves or just a smile.

Winner?

Actually that wasn't the idea, but it's what you're getting.
 cander 10 Feb 2015
In reply to JJL:

I can't see why that particular pitch might not float the BBC's boat, the meeja what can you do with them.
JMGLondon 10 Feb 2015
In reply to JJL:

Having worked with TV commissioners, I can testify that the process is unbearably complicated.

Take your idea to an independent production company instead.

Processed horse and cat might not be BBC fare. Try channel 5.
OP JJL 10 Feb 2015
In reply to JMGLondon:

That wasn't the real idea; it was a joke - but then, so many things that do end up on screen appear to have likely started a s ajoke told to someone wihtout a sense of humour.

I have a genuinely good idea, and will write a short concept brief for it.
JMGLondon 10 Feb 2015
In reply to JJL:

Yeah I got that.

Take your genuinely good idea to an Independent (who will know how to navigate the broadcasters).
 Clarence 10 Feb 2015
In reply to JJL:

> A weekly programme where each week an animal is chosen and then processed to its end products.
> Winner?

Change "animal" to "Ant or Dec" and we have a sure-fire if short lived hit!

Indy 10 Feb 2015
In reply to JJL:

> A weekly programme where each week an animal is chosen and then processed to its end products.

Already been done!

"Kill It, Cook It, Eat It" I think. It also went into all the other products derived from the animal once the choice cuts had been sent to the butcher.
 TMM 10 Feb 2015
In reply to JJL:

When I saw a trail for 'Lord of the fries'. Andrew 'Freddy' Flintoff sets up a fish and chip van business.

My immediate thought was 'Monkey Tennis'.

When it comes to new programme pitches the current multi-channel environment is beyond parody.
 deepsoup 10 Feb 2015
In reply to Clarence:
> Change "animal" to "Ant or Dec" and we have a sure-fire if short lived hit!

If you're going to be crowd-funding the Piers Morgan episode you can definitely put me down for a tenner.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...