UKC

Help learning to lead (trad) / guided scrambling NORTH WALES

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 g2 12 Feb 2015
FREE Opportunities during Easter 2015:
28th March – 10th April (all days in-between and inclusive)

I am currently getting ready for my MIA (Mountain Instructors Award) assessment and I am looking for people (preferably pairs) to provide free tuition to, in preparation for it.

I am particularly interested to hear from people wanting to make their first steps in leading in a multi-pitch traditional environment. This would suit climbers who have lead indoors and now want to gain an understanding of placing wires, reading routes and building bombproof belays.
I am also looking for volunteers to enter into the world of scrambling, they may have experience of many mountain days walking and now wish to experience steeper terrain. Scrambling offers some breath-taking vantage points and a whole new range of skills and movement.

I currently work as a teacher and part time freelance outdoor instructor. I hold the Summer Mountain Leader award (ML) and Single Pitch Rock Climbing award (SPA), have completed my Mountain Instructor Award (MIA) training and am a trainee member of the Association of Mountaineering Instructor (AMI)

My assessment dates are at the end of August and I'm available for almost all of July and August to take people out both weekdays and weekends.

If you'd like to take up this opportunity please email me through here giving a brief outline of your previous experience and what you'd like to learn, as well as a contact number so we can have a chat and we'll go from there.

Car sharing from Wrexham in to North Wales is available.

PLEASE NOTE:

MIA Trainee
- As an MIA trainee I do not, as yet, hold the Mountain Instructor Award which is the recognised qualification for the instruction of scrambling and multi-pitch rock climbing in the UK. I've undergone the training course, but training for an award does not constitute a qualification. The term aspirant should not be used as a level of competency for multi-pitch climbing has not been assessed.

Insurance
- I do not hold insurance that allows me to receive payment or benefits in kind for instruction, but as a volunteer with membership of a mountaineering council of the UK or Eire I am insured for third part liability. These topics will need to be discussed in detail and agreed before an activity is conducted.

Many Thanks

Garreth
nathan_price 01 Mar 2015
In reply to g2:

Hi Gareth, I would be really keen to go out with you, as you said I meet the standard your looking for I usually do lead climb indoors and I usually do a bit of sport climbing in the quarry in Llanberis. I would be really keen to take the next step as I'm not a 100% confidence on placing wires and with anchors etc. drop me an email or a text if you ffansi.

p.s. I also live near Llanberis so I can meet you anywhere in Snowdonia no probs
 Fishboypaul 01 Mar 2015
In reply to g2:

Hi garreth,
I've been looking to get into trad climbing for a while now. I climb indoors regularly and have lead outdoor on a few occasions and have had to place a few bits of gear but never with much confidence.
I may not be able to make a pair as my climbing partner is unavailable but I'm more than happy to make up a pair with someone new.
Please feel free to mail me if you need any other information.
Paul.
nathan_price 01 Mar 2015
In reply to g2:

should have put my email and number haha. nathan_price@live.com or 07950308215
 robbo99 01 Mar 2015
In reply to g2:

I'm keen if I haven't found a job by then, will send u a mail

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...