UKC

Motor racing crash

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Indy 14 Feb 2015
Does anyone have any information as to what happened to those involved in the crash depicted starting at 1:19 in this Youtube vid?

youtube.com/watch?v=MQW5DAOpoA4&

Thanks
 balmybaldwin 14 Feb 2015
In reply to Indy:

Cant recall the names of guys involved, but all survived and relatively uninjured. Dont normally watch tt races, but happenned to catch this on a highlights program.
 JMarkW 14 Feb 2015
In reply to balmybaldwin:

Isnt it one of the Irish mass start races?
 mwr72 14 Feb 2015
In reply to Mark Westerman:

Yep, it's last years Ulster gp.
 balmybaldwin 14 Feb 2015
In reply to Mark Westerman:
Yes, tt as in tourist trophy type races (not time trial).

here it is from another angle http://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/motorbikes/11047800/Footage-of-a-huge-b...

Edit: actually, is it the same incident? Maybe the ops crash wasearlier in the race
Post edited at 21:38
 Timmd 15 Feb 2015
In reply to Indy:
I read recently that Guy Martin's retiring from motor bike racing and TV work, something along the lines that it's always been a hobby rather than a profession, and that he doesn't mind dying so long as he knows why he's doing something dangerous like racing, he wants to carrying doing mountain biking being a truck mechanic instead.

I like how he's managed to do so well in bike racing while holding down his job as a truck mechanic, in driving back home after a race weekend to be up at six the next morning, and getting to do TV work as well. I found his biography quite interesting, in how he's always held onto his job as a mechanic to keep himself grounded.

I don't know if you'd call him a natural writer, but that doesn't always matter so much.
Post edited at 18:28
 StephenS 15 Feb 2015
In reply to Indy:

Ulster GP.

Dean Harrison was the first one down, broke his leg I think. Second fella down was Keith Amor, he was unhurt apparently.
OP Indy 15 Feb 2015
In reply to StephenS:

Yes, spot on. With that info I checked Youtube and got a much better view of it and it looks just as nasty close up as it did from the helicopter. Amazing that nobody was seriously injured.

youtube.com/watch?v=kWIXaceeoLY&
Crap resolution unfortunately.
OP Indy 15 Feb 2015
In reply to Timmd:

Thanks, got GM's bio in a recent Kindle sale but not had a chance to read it yet. I was under the impression that he'd vaguely said that he won't do as much racing but not full on retirement. Wouldn't surprise me he stopped doing the Irish stuff and concentrated on the TT. Not seeing him busting a gonad trying to win the senior TT will diminish the event for me. Am just hoping that the lure of the big TV audiences isn't going to go to his head.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...