UKC

Cheltenham Climbing Wall

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 SophieEmily 15 Feb 2015
Hi All

I heard a rumour that there were plans for an indoor wall in Cheltenham. Does anybody know anything about these plans and a possible opening date?

Sophie
 GridNorth 15 Feb 2015
In reply to SophieEmily:

There were plans for a bouldering wall in the St Pauls area but it never came to anything as far as I know. I haven't heard of anything else which is a shame as the Gloucester Wall could do with some competition to make them buck their ideas up.

Al
 zimpara 15 Feb 2015
In reply to SophieEmily:

Nope. Heard nothing.
 whenry 16 Feb 2015
In reply to SophieEmily:

There have been rumours for ages - there were some plans about three years' ago, but funding never materialised. Unless someone's keeping it super-secret, there are no current plans.
OP SophieEmily 17 Feb 2015
In reply to SophieEmily:

Aww damn. That's a shame. Cheltenham could really do with something. How good is the Gloucester wall? Also - anybody know of any nice outdoor spots around here? All I've checked out so far is fairly Chossy. New to the area by the way.
 SGD 17 Feb 2015
In reply to SophieEmily:

THe Gloucester wall is pretty goo if a little compact,

As for outside spots....there's tons if you head towards chepstow
 whenry 17 Feb 2015
In reply to SophieEmily:

The Warehouse is fairly decent - they've got better at refreshing routes recently. There's loads in the Wye Valley - either as mentioned at the Chepstow end (Wintour's Leap, Ban-y-Gor, Tintern Quarry, & Wyndcliff), or Symonds Yat. There's also plenty of sandstone in the Forest if that's your thing.
 zimpara 17 Feb 2015
In reply to SophieEmily:

Northleach has far peak. It's bearable in the winter (quite small) but with very regular route changes and its main pro is its outdoor tower. Major cause for Elvis leg. Holds always turn for me.

Gloucester is OK but I dislike the town somewhat.
Cleeve hill is literally the only rock around here.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...