UKC

Siurana logistics

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 stp 16 Feb 2015
Off to Siurana for a couple of weeks but not sure about the last part of the journey. I know you can get a train from Barcelona to Reus. From there I'm thinking of hitching because I understand the bus service is infrequent and doesn't go all the way anyway and other options (taxis etc.) are expensive. Is that a straightforward hitch?

How easy is it to hitch down to the town and back to pick up food etc. I understand there are limited supplies in Siurana village and its best get stuff from Cornudella de Monsant.

Finally how windy can it get up there? I've got a pop up tent but it's pretty rubbish in high winds. I'm considering getting something better.

Thanks
 DaveR 16 Feb 2015
In reply to stp:

No idea about hitching from reus I'm afriad.

Hitching from Siurana to Conrudella will be easy enough.

The campsite is in the trees so quite sheltered. (Although I've only stayedin one of the bunkhouses there). But it doesn't get much sun in the morning, so take a good sleeping bag!
OP stp 16 Feb 2015
In reply to DaveR:

Thanks.

Also is there a bank or somewhere to change travellers cheques or use a debit card in Cornudella? Or is just simpler to take cash out before we go?
 DaveR 16 Feb 2015
In reply to stp:

Last time I was there (2 or 3 years ago) there was a bank with an atm.
 1poundSOCKS 16 Feb 2015
In reply to stp:

> Finally how windy can it get up there?

It can get very windy.
 1poundSOCKS 16 Feb 2015
In reply to stp:

> I know you can get a train from Barcelona to Reus.

I think there's a cheap bus service from the airport to the Reus.
 Heike 16 Feb 2015
In reply to stp:
I don't know about public transport, sorry, we had a car. However, we went there last October and there wasn't much wind, loads of pop up tents on the campsite and we had a cheap decathlon tent which was just fine. Food, stock up in Cornudella, there is also decent food for reasonable prices in the campsite cafe, but there is nothing to buy in Siurana village. i would think it would be quite easy to hitch down to the village to restock, though, loads of climbers with cars about, we gave some a lift.
There is a cash machine. i would take some cash from home, get some more out of the machine if needed and pay by credit card in the wee supermarkets (best exchange rate normally). Hope this helps
Heike
OP stp 16 Feb 2015
In reply to Heike:

Thanks, that's really useful info.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...