UKC

ukip the first 100 days

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 balmybaldwin 16 Feb 2015
Interesting drama on c4 at the moment. A fictional depiction (using carefully chosen real soundbites) of what might happen if ukip came to power with a big majority.

Quite surprised if this doesnt breach any impartiality election rukes to be honest... so far its turned the nation into a racist cesspool of anger and isolationism.
 knthrak1982 17 Feb 2015
In reply to balmybaldwin:

It was quite interesting though I found it a little simplistic.

Firstly I thought they focused too much on the illegal immigrant crackdown and not enough on the economy.

Secondly they played it too much like a dictatorship. They said at the beginning ukip won a narrow majority of mps, and during the episode several ministers resign. You'd think, with a government so apparently divided, the opposition would play a significant role in challenging policy - but this wasn't shown.

I take your point about election rules, and I'm not sure of the answer. It certainly wasn't a particularly balanced opinion. (I'm not a kipper myself btw).

Simon Caldwell 17 Feb 2015

I believe the rules on balance etc only come into force when parliament is dissolved and the election campaign officially starts.

Quite an entertaining program but could have chosen their targets better.
 Dell 18 Feb 2015

Flicked over and watched it for a few minutes thinking it was a proper documentary, once I realised it was fiction I turned over. A bit naughty of Channel 4, borderline propaganda IMO.
 The New NickB 18 Feb 2015
In reply to Dell:

Proper documentary about the first 100 days of a UKIP government. How would C4 do that it, was always going to be fiction.

UKIP should see it as a complement, all major political parties have drama made about them.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...